Jungle Surf Park At 9402 Seawall Blvd.

RhinoVP

Wow you guys bring back memories,

Can't say I know much about Playland, but I sure spent some time at the various Malibu fun centers around town. Which there were at least three that I went to regularly. First as a young kid, then a teen and later took my kids to as well.

The first where the triple homicides took place was at 59 and Westpark, right at the curve. The place was doomed even before this happened, mainly due to the neighborhood it was in, or near I should say. "The Gulfton ghetto"

The second was probably better known as Malibu "Castle" fun center, on 610 about two blocks up from Old Katy Rd. This place only recently closed down, what a shame! I have so many memories from here, with all the little houses and castles around the golf courses all lit up at night. Took several dates here durring high school. Ahhh....Good Times, Great Oldies! LOL

The third was on the North side of town. This was Malibu/Watercoaster. The water slides were built into the side of a big hill, and were constructed from concrete. This particular one closed down well before the other two. Dont know the year though. There was also another Watercoster place on Galveston Island near Stewart beach.

All three had the same Malibu race cars, but Castle fun center was the only one with mini golf, bumper boats and batting cages. It was far and away the best Mini golf in Houston. Mountasia just doesn't have the same feel this place did.

Games People Play, thats another one. On 1960 in the Champions area. What a waterslide that was, Huge wooden water tower with the three slides comming out of it. (Anyone remember Sawmill run?)

Now the Putt Putt/Games People Play on Fondren and Beechnut was where I went most often. This started life as just a Putt Putt golf center, then later became GPP and added an arcade and go carts. Some of the best times I had as boy with my dad were here, when it was just Putt Putt. If I close my eye's I can still hear KC and the Sunshine band playing over the PA system at Putt Putt, and get a little chill when I do.

Those times down at Sea Arama were great too. BTW in response to a post made long ago. The name of the park next to here was Jungle Surf, another favorite.

Who here remembers the clock/puppet show thing that they used to have at Sharpstown Mall, back when Sharpstown was just a one story shopping center. This thing went off every hour or half hour, and we used to sit in the drug store snack bar waiting till time for it to go off. Those were the days!

Question for anyone,

We went many times to the mini golf place on Belfort. Was it "Gooney" or "Goofy" golf? I seem to remember it being Goofy golf for some reason.

Regards,

Rhino

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Jungle Surf Park At 9402 Seawall Blvd.