William Duerig Farm On Old Main Street Rd.

Highrise Tower

I was looking for information regarding the Greenwood Sanitarium located on South Main Street (actually on Old Main Street Road) and came across this small, unknown dairy farm called Duerig's Farm.

It appears that the farm was owned and operated by William J. Duerig.

I found all these newspaper articles and ads in The Houston Post dated 1913 - 1918. While the articles never mention South Main Street, or Old Main Street Road, I don't think South Main extended towards the Greenwood Sanitarium before the 1920s. "Main Street" would actually be Old Main Street Road.

Tractor Demonstration
Titan Tractors - Olive Plows

This successful tractor will be demonstrated on the Duerig's Farm, out Main street, near Greenwood's Sanitarium, Sept. 5 and 6. Come and see the results of years of experience in tractor building.

W. Roy Reid & Company
525-527 Preston Avenue - Houston, Texas.

M0210Vg.png

Titan Kerosene Tractor - A Grade Prize Winner - See It In Action - Free Demonstration.

Thursday and Friday, September 5 and 6, at the Durig Dairy, near Greenwood Sanitarium on Main Street Road. 

pzigA6M.png

It appears that the farm was owned and operated by William J. Duerig.

Woman who taught first night school in Houston Twenty-Three years ago will herself graduate from night school.

Third Row, Left to Right: I. Hergeron, F. Sheridan, Allen Murray, W.J. Duerig--

2wwjYxq.png

Those finishing in the bookkeeping department will be as follows:  Mrs. Nora Whaley, Mrs. Bertha Young, Lawrence J. Bergerson, William J. Duerig--

qAbSPjX.png

It looks like William J. Duerig had a home at 1404 Crawford Street.

Dallas Man Held Up.
Made to Deliver by Highwaymen on Clay Avenue.

Fralia is stopping at the home of W. J. Duerig at 1404 Crawford Street, while in the city.

7kpvdd5.png

• The title was changed to William Duerig Farm On Old Main Street Rd.