Galveston Construction

Gary

Hey guys, I was visiting Galveston this weekend and noticed that the initial construction has begun on the Palisade Palms condos. By the way, the lay out is very cool. There was also a construction sign for a new village to be built around this area. The rendering was absolutely fantastic, so cool in fact I forgot to get the name of the place. Anyway it was very much like the town in that Jim Carrey movie, the Truman Show. I looked on the Galveston.com site but found nothing on it.

Construction has also begun on the Piazza Blanca (Broadway & Seawall) which is a 12 story condo tower.

There was also a construction sign for a new village to be built around this area. The rendering was absolutely fantastic, so cool in fact I forgot to get the name of the place. Anyway it was very much like the town in that Jim Carrey movie, the Truman Show. I looked on the Galveston.com site but found nothing on it.

beachtown might be the new community you are talking about.

http://www.beachtowngalveston.com/home.html

Andres Duany worked on the layout. He is the one who designed Seaside (depicted in the Truman Show) and is one of the people responsible for the New Urbanism movement.

I can tell you that the low lying areas covered in water are now built up, the Palisade Palms highrises are on there way up, and yes, they have already started construction of Beachtown. There were four homes already going up as of last Saturday.

Isn't it crazy how blue the inland water is in that pic.

Funny you mention the water. Before heading to Galveston my friend and I drove down the Texas City dike and the water was actually pretty, and that was on a cold, rainy grey day. When we finally got to Galveston the water didn't fare as well.

I have been to Galveston when the water was actually desirable, of course that good old Southeast wind was blowing.

Yes

Soooo, is Palisade Palms sitting in front of the Beachtown community?

Beachtown begins behind Palisade, runs East toward the beach point, then turns South running paralel (how do you spell paralel :huh: ) with Palisade.

This is going to be a great area.

Archived