Windsor Plaza Lanes At 3303 Sage Rd.

plumber2

• 1 year later...

There was a bowling alley near the Galleria on Sage Rd. The Windsor Plaza Bowling alley was in operation during the 60's and early 70's. The building is still there, but the entertainment served these days is much more adult themed than picking up strikes and spares.

There was a bowling alley near the Galleria on Sage Rd. The Windsor Plaza Bowling alley was in operation during the 60's and early 70's. The building is still there, but the entertainment served these days is much more adult themed than picking up strikes and spares.

:lol: ...Thought it might have been during that time period, in that area, where everything had a "castle-like" theme.

It got the name because it was adjacent to "Windsor Plaza" the strip shopping center at Richmond and Sage. In the old days Windsor plaza was anchored on the Sage road side by an A&P supermarket and by the Cinerama movie theatre on the other end at least after a couple of years. The "cinerama" section was a later addtion to the shopping center. The bowling alley was behind the shopping center, fronting on Sage. Windsor Plaza itself fronted toward Richmond.

I remember the very day Window Plaza Bowling Alley opened, they had free bowling and my mom took us all there to take part. I must have been like seven or eight, putting that in the very early in the 60s. That was the first time I ever went bowling, but I used to go bowling there all the time in the 60s.

• 3 years later...