KRBE and the Houston skyline in 1982

editor

I found this while moping around a used record store a few years ago. 

IMG_4324.jpg

It's interesting to see the state of the Houston skyline.  In particular, the Wells Fargo Center has topped out, but isn't all glassed up yet.

Based on the liner notes, this photograph was taken around 1983, as it states the idea for the album started in October, 1982.

The Sound of Houston was KRBE's attempt to come up with a theme song for the city.  It had a contest and got 500 entries.  The winners are on the album.  A couple are OK, but none of them aged well.  Or, maybe they're awesome, if you're into that era of this region's music.

For people into radio history, the back is interesting, with the KRBE logo including the 1070 AM frequency (what is now KNTH).

IMG_4325.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, editor said:

I found this while moping around a used record store a few years ago. 

IMG_4324.jpg

It's interesting to see the state of the Houston skyline.  In particular, the Wells Fargo Center Allied Bank Building has topped out, but isn't all glassed up yet.

Based on the liner notes, this photograph was taken around 1983, as it states the idea for the album started in October, 1982.

The Sound of Houston was KRBE's attempt to come up with a theme song for the city.  It had a contest and got 500 entries.  The winners are on the album.  A couple are OK, but none of them aged well.  Or, maybe they're awesome, if you're into that era of this region's music.

For people into radio history, the back is interesting, with the KRBE logo including the 1070 AM frequency (what is now KNTH).

IMG_4325.jpg

I fixed the spelling of Allied Bank Building in your post😁