Rogers Middle School At 3121 Manvel Rd.

marmer

On 4/19/2011 at 8:25 AM, Grant said:

We are moving to Houston in June and work will be on the east side near Ellington Field. We would like to buy/rent on the east side or southeast. Have 2 kids, one in high school and one in elementary and would like good schools. We were looking at a house online in WESTWOOD VILLAGE in Pearland, but I read a post from a couple years back that said that the neighborhood floods. Anyone know if this is still the case? Or know of a good area with good schools on the east/southeast side?

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Grant, welcome to the area and thanks for your service to our country. I live in Springfield which is across McLean Road from Westwood Village. The houses are all about twenty years old and were not terribly expensive to begin with. Generally speaking that will mean that there will be maintenance issues such as roof, plumbing, and foundation and probably all the major appliances will be either recently replaced or near their end of life. The neighborhood is quiet, peaceful, and convenient to schools and groceries. Carleston Elementary, Rogers Middle School, Pearland Junior High South, and Pearland High School all provided good experiences and a good education to our daughter, who is finishing her junior year of high school with good grades. The Pearland High School state football championship was a real highlight of this school year.

I have never gotten water in my house although it was a little scary during Allison and Ike. I think a few houses near the entry of Westwood have gotten water in a couple of the worst tropical-storm type rain events, and there is street flooding, but I don't think it's been a huge problem. Pearland has been doing a lot of drainage work in the area, so it may be better now than it was during Allison. Perhaps a Westwood resident can weigh in on this? Or look in Springfield, which as far as I know has not had any home flooding.

• The title was changed to Rogers Middle School At 3121 Manvel Rd.

Archived