Have You Ever Heard Of Anyone Getting Caught And Fined For Doing “Public Art”

I was curious about those  knitted sleeves  for stop signs you used to see  or the occasional painted manhole cover that looks like a pocket watch.
my interest is more in the product of   just your average citizen decision to try out artistic prowess and apologize later rather than ask permission first. Do those “average/citizen/painters get much blow back from COH? 

Not really wondering about graffiti artists………other kinds of public art……..painted up gas meters or storm drains or sidewalks etc. There was a lovely artistic  painting of hibiscus on a wooden telephone pole on Fairview street a few years back. I’ve seen old fashioned mounted phone booths, whimsically painted up in Europe. I’ve visited painted stairways on West coast. In NYC,  it seems ubiquitous knee high metal poles get painted a lot— most of them in a comic way.  

Is there any of that in Montrose?

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Have You Ever Heard Of Anyone Getting Caught And Fined For Doing “Public Art”