Latest Haif Changes

editor

> The birthday section now wishes people "A Haify Birthday."

> Guests can no longer see Off Topic or Way Off Topic. This is partially to encourage them to register, and partially to keep pre-teen visitors from viewing some of the more ...um... colorful threads.

> Guests now get a message on the main screen asking them to register and telling them why it's good for them and us and the dying gay baby whales. They are also subjected to an extra advertisement, which goes away when they register.

> Removed the big graphic from above the Google AdWords near the top of the page. It was just taking up too much space and making the site too cluttered for too little benefit.

More changes to come. Suggestions welcome.

Edited by editor

It would be nice if you could click on a topic heading and it would take you to the first post you haven't yet read. That way, you don't have to scroll through all the posts you've already read/viewed to get to the new stuff.

Assuming, of course, there isn't some setting that allows a user to already do this???

Click on "Last Post" on the right side of the topic. It will take you to the new stuff.

It would be nice if you could click on a topic heading and it would take you to the first post you haven't yet read. That way, you don't have to scroll through all the posts you've already read/viewed to get to the new stuff.

Assuming, of course, there isn't some setting that allows a user to already do this???

What RedScare said.

Also, if you're doing it from the View New Posts lists, you can click on the orange double arrows. This is how I do it. Whenever I come to the forum I go straight to "View New Posts" then center click on the orange arrows of each topic I'm interested in. That gives me a whole row of tabs, one for each new message, and then I can just close each one as I finish reading it.