Your Idea Of What Would Be The Ideal Nickname For Our City's New MLS Franchise

Metropolitantexan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now the Mexicans are up in arms...

www.nytimes.com/2006/01/2...occer.html

Isn't it funny how race always shows its ugly head in these situation. Does race come first over nationality I

wonder? I am part white and part Italian but I am an American First! A Texan Second, and a Houstonion third. Last is my ethnic heritage unlike some people. And it almost seems like we can't be proud of our nationality because of these unthoughtout comments that people make. I have often wondered why some individuals who leave their country, (not particularly Mexico, this happens from many immigrants from all over),because of oppression, religious persicution, war or what have you. They become a citizen of this Great Nation and and yet still hold loyalties from the country the just struggled to get away from. Unless you have duel citizenship arn't you supposed to denounce any loyalties to the country you came from? They act like it is 1836 and not 170 years later. They do this for their own personal gain. I am sure that in 170 years into the future, when Houston is given an intergalactic space Football/Baseball/Basketball/Soccer/Hocky Franchise because we have the best orbital retractable roof laser shielded domed stadium and this name came up, They would still complain about that it portrays them in a bad light.

Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't! ^_^

Isn't it funny how race always shows its ugly head in these situation. Does race come first over nationality I

wonder? I am part white and part Italian but I am an American First! A Texan Second, and a Houstonion third. Last is my ethnic heritage unlike some people. And it almost seems like we can't be proud of our nationality because of these unthoughtout comments that people make. I have often wondered why some individuals who leave their country, (not particularly Mexico, this happens from many immigrants from all over),because of oppression, religious persicution, war or what have you. They become a citizen of this Great Nation and and yet still hold loyalties from the country the just struggled to get away from. Unless you have duel citizenship arn't you supposed to denounce any loyalties to the country you came from? They act like it is 1836 and not 170 years later. They do this for their own personal gain. I am sure that in 170 years into the future, when Houston is given an intergalactic space Football/Baseball/Basketball/Soccer/Hocky Franchise because we have the best orbital retractable roof laser shielded domed stadium and this name came up, They would still complain about that it portrays them in a bad light.

Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't! ^_^

Mind the grammatical errors, please. ^_^

Now the Mexicans are up in arms...

www.nytimes.com/2006/01/2...occer.html

Because they lost. I'd be a sore loser too if I lost Texas! Like someone said in another post, do the English hate Philly because of the 76ers? No! The Mexicans will get over this too. If they come here to be Texans and Americans, then it's time to start.

I apologize if this is too upfront or offensive for some.

• The title was changed to Your Idea Of What Would Be The Ideal Nickname For Our City's New MLS Franchise

Archived