Flying Fish Restaurant At 1815 N. Durham Dr.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created October 28, 2016. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link to this thread is here.

Ancorian is purchasing property on the 800 block of W 19th Street, off North Durham. The properties purchased recently are shown below in block 96, lots 1-6. There could purchase more property for a new development or resell. Last month Ancorian established a LLC for 19th Street LLC, purchasing the properties under that entity. Does any one know of any plans here?

http://i.imgur.com/M0KmIvH.jpg

This was originally posted December 15, 2016 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

This is what Ancorian is developing, listed as 19th & Durham at 1815 N Durham.

elV8u6i.jpg

wfC5vqH.jpg

VWG6ss9.jpg

The tract was once Houston Tire Shop and a Coastal gas station. From Loopnet:

4Hf1oyu.jpg

This was  in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by Ross, December 16,, 2016 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

And was recently a car wash and tire change place that looked pretty iffy.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was  in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by s3mh, February 21,, 2017 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

This is it.  

From Houston Chronicle:

East Texas catfish restaurant Flying Fish, popular in the Dallas area, is set to put down roots in Houston. 

Launched by the group that owns Flying Saucer and Rodeo Goat, this new outpost will debut in the Heights, at the intersection of North Durham and West 19th Street. The 4,000-square-foot space will seat up to 150 customers and will include a screened-in porch and outdoor patio.

...Wynne said they're in the process of acquiring a license from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to harvest catfish from Buffalo Bayou. That permit is still pending. 

"They say 'local grown' is better for the environment, so those bureaucrats in Washington ought to let us sell mud-cat right out of the bayou. Quit blocking free enterprise," Wynne jokes. "We have no doubt that Houston fishermen can catch fish bigger than other towns in the Lone Star State."

The no-frills seafood establishment is known for its low-key atmosphere and a menu of Gulf oysters, fish and some Cajun staples. It has a large following in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and also has locations in other Texas cities: Garland, Arlington and Addison.  Houston's Flying Fish will be the 10th outpost of the popular, chain.

It's expected to open later this fall in the space that once housed Houston Tire Shop. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Texas-catfish-restaurant-Flying-Fish-to-debut-in-10946172.php

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, February 21,, 2017 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

Yawn. From the siteplan and the article, Flying Fish is going in the space in the lower right corner.

Why do we need more restaurants? Couldn't this space be used for something else?

Originally posted by Urbannizer, February 21,, 2017 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

Subdivision plat for Ancorian At Durham

lYakSFZ.jpg

Originally posted by Crcokpotandgravel, December 28,, 2018 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

Construction progress pictures of The Flying Fish in Houston, 1815 N Durham in the Heights.

From Instagram

Posted in September:

boKru2F.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNApUBBB9V/

Posted in November:

KagL72K.jpg?1
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4_CuSH8wp/

GrlDpva.jpg?1
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp8D5fkHOqn/

Originally posted by Crcokpotandgravel, December 28,, 2018 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

The Flying Fish in Houston, 1815 N Durham in the Heights opened December 26.

From Facebook:

Head’s up, Houston! The newest Flying Fish will open at 6PM TODAY (December 26th) in The Heights! We’d appreciate it if you helped spread the word!

1815 N Durham Drive
Houston, TX 77008

https://www.facebook.com/flyingfishrestaurant/photos/a.1811546525574477/2235761669819625/?type=3

Originally posted by Crcokpotandgravel, December 31, 2018 in the previous thread for 1815 N Durham Dr.

Inside The Flying Fish in Houston, 1815 N Durham in the Heights

Photo from Facebook

eEwCfUZ.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1815 N. Durham Dr.
  • The title was changed to Flying Fish Restaurant At 1815 N. Durham Dr.