Uncle Bean’s Coffee At 3024 Houston Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created September 26, 2018. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link to this thread is here.

3024 Houston Ave in Woodland Heights in The Heights in Houston. It's on the corner of Alma St near the North Freeway or I-45 N.

sisj4z2.jpg

From Zillow:

Corner lot, property previously utilized as a gas station, owner not aware of when or what years. Tanks on property have been filled, Lot has small 216' building with canopy, most of lot is paved with light concrete.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3024-Houston-Ave-Houston-TX-77009/2108032806_zpid/

Was a Mr Details Hand Carwash recently.

Photo from Realtor.com
SqVNpwK.jpg

Photo from Google Maps in February

hqJurQ9.jpg

ZoTYUI4.jpg

This was originally posted September 26, 2018 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

The old gas station property, then a carwash at 3024 Houston Ave is turning into a coffee shop.

The coffee shop is Uncle Bean's Coffee.

https://www.facebook.com/unclebeanscoffee/

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was originally posted May 15, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Completed remodel of  Uncle Bean's Coffee at 3024 Houston Ave. This property was an old gas station property, then a carwash before turning into a coffee shop.

Photos from Uncle Bean's Coffee's Facebook several weeks ago:

It’s been awhile since we have updated and shared our progress, we are so excited and bursting with anticipation to get open and serve our wonderful Houston community!
P7Hrcyt.jpg

tsOkmh3.jpg

This was in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by Triton, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

Not sure I understand... are those two parking spots under the canopy?

This was in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by Texasota May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

Yeah that's ...disappointing. 

Originally posted by CrockpotandGravel, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:15 AM, Triton said:

Not sure I understand... are those two parking spots under the canopy?

I don't think the striped lines are parking spots near the entrance. Maybe it's a patio?

The others may be parking spots. 

Maybe this is the best they could do within their budget design wise. Coffee equipment is expensive. 

Originally posted by mollusk, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

Let's not forget the parking minimums.  This is a tiny lot.

Originally posted by BeerNut, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:22 AM, mollusk said:

Let's not forget the parking minimums.  This is a tiny lot.

Does anyone check to see if you're using it for parking?  Could you list it as parking in your plans submitted to the city, stripe it, then just block it off everyday for outdoor seating.

Originally posted by wilcal, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, BeerNut said:

Does anyone check to see if you're using it for parking?  Could you list it as parking in your plans submitted to the city, stripe it, then just block it off everyday for outdoor seating.

They don't check closely from my understanding. I know of at least two places that changed their configuration afterwards and no one has said anything in 2+ years. 

Originally posted by Angostura, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

If it's in the plans as a patio, any area in excess of 15% of the total area of the building (which in this case is basically the entire patio) counts as built-out area for parking minimums. 

Originally posted by Triton, May 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

I'm seriously hoping this is a patio because that's ridiculous if they installed fans for people's cars. Really wish we had a Swamplot article on this right now.

Originally posted by nate4l1f3, May 17, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

I wonder how much it would cost to do something like this? Anyone have any experience or know where I could find out?

Originally posted by crock, May 17, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

drove by the other day and it does look like they're setting up a drive-thru window and a side-ordering area... but those two ridiculous parking spots... are still ridiculous parking spots

Originally posted by Angostura, May 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

Those will be parking spots until they get their occupancy permit. What happens after that... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally posted by twisterhunt, May 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

Uncle Bean's opened earlier this week - they have a drive-thru and walk up window. And at least this morning there were chairs and tables in the parking spots under the canopy 😊 they currently close around 4 in the afternoon but will look to stay open a few hours later once they get settled in. It's a nice little spot to have in the neighborhood now!

(there was an attached photo taken by this poster, but it was deleted in the mass purge of all of my content from a vindictive mod)

Originally posted by Triton, May 24, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, twisterhunt said:

Uncle Bean's opened earlier this week - they have a drive-thru and walk up window. And at least this morning there were chairs and tables in the parking spots under the canopy 😊 they currently close around 4 in the afternoon but will look to stay open a few hours later once they get settled in. It's a nice little spot to have in the neighborhood now!

PSX_20190524_082417.jpg

Hey fellow neighbor! Yea, I've been meaning to try this place out but wanted them to get a little settled first. Hopefully they'll be open tomorrow and I'll take a sip of what they've got. Did you happen to see any bike racks?

Originally posted by Twisterhunt, May 24, 2019 in the previous thread for 3024 Houston Avenue.

I asked and they are planning to be open this weekend, hopefully it's a good start for them! And yes they do have a small bike rack near the patio, the car is blocking it in the photo above 😉 enjoy!

• The title was changed to 3024 Houston Ave.
  • The title was changed to Uncle Bean’s Coffee At 3024 Houston Ave.