Sawyer Boneyard At 1201 Sawyer St.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created October 2017. I'm reposting this because this post and other content from me are no longer available in the forum. The original thread is archived here.

1201 Sawyer Street in the Sawyer Heights area of Houston. This is also in the First Ward. It's also located in the Lower Washington area and is part of the Arts District.

nx9SOMA.jpg

S5R9vr0.jpg

• Like 1

The post below was originally posted in this thread October 26 2017. Although the information may no longer apply to this property, it may be helpful to see what was proposed previously for this property.  Since the original post is no longer available in this thread, it's being reposted . An archive link to original thread here.

The vacant lot at 1201 Sawyer in the First Ward's Washington Arts District is being redeveloped.

It was listed on Loopnet in 2013

Info from Loopnet:
1.42 Acres

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18048894/1201-Sawyer-Houston-TX/

The post below was originally posted in this thread October 26 2017. Although the information may no longer apply to this property, it may be helpful to see what was proposed previously for this property.  Since the original post is no longer available in this thread, it's being reposted . An archive link to original thread here.

The land at 1201 Sawyer St is going to be a dog park named Sawyer Boneyard  (Instagram: @sawyerboneyard). It's next to Sawyer Ice House, opening next year.

From a Facebook post:
The Sawyer Boneyard will be a 1.4 acre play area for dogs and the people who love them. All tips and contributions will support the building and eventual maintenance of the Sawyer Boneyard, whose 501(c) 3 status is pending.

Since Alliance took over the lot for Sawyer Boneyard at 1201 Sawyer St (and also the lot at 1225 Sawyer St for Sawyer Ice House, which Lovett changed course and decided to relocate it to 1420 Sawyer St), have there been updates on this?

Is Sawyer Boneyard dead or will it be located next to Sawyer Ice House's new location?

I'm glad to see this lot will become residential with Broadstone Sawyer Yards, but a cool dog park would have been appreciated here.

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Since Alliance took over the lot for Sawyer Boneyard at 1201 Sawyer St (and also the lot at 1225 Sawyer St for Sawyer Ice House, which Lovett changed course and decided to relocate it to 1420 Sawyer St), have there been updates on this?

Is Sawyer Boneyard dead or will it be located next to Sawyer Ice House's new location?

I'm glad to see this lot will become residential with Broadstone Sawyer Yards, but a cool dog park would have been appreciated here.

there is a really nice dog park just south of Washington Ave on Sawyer. It’s likely this apartment complex will have some sort of dog park for it’s residents as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Avossos said:

there is a really nice dog park just south of Washington Ave on Sawyer. It’s likely this apartment complex will have some sort of dog park for it’s residents as well.

I think Broadstone Sawyer Yards will have a dog park too. If that's the case, it's too bad for the public and the neighborhood. I know of some, myself included, who were excited about this dog park next to the ice house. It would have been like a Boneyard Drinkery 2.0. Though there will be a dog [ark and bar at Railway Heights, it will be membership only.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1201 Sawyer St.
  • The title was changed to Sawyer Boneyard At 1201 Sawyer St.