University of North Texas

I love my University, but Denton SUX <_<

Anyhow, here is the deserted campus the day after Thanksgiving...

nt52da.jpg

Student Rec Center

unt12eh.jpg

Traditions Hall

unt23vo.jpg

Environmental Science Building

unt38og.jpg

Chemistry Building

unt47yx.jpg

"Super Pit"

unt50mn.jpg

Gateway Center

unt60zk.jpg

unt91ha.jpg

unt86kq.jpg

unt70lr.jpg

Edited by J.A.S.O.N.

My absolute favorite teacher that I've ever had went to North Texas, her name is Nora Clark, an 11th and 12th grade english teacher where I went to high school. She was an absolute riot. She would talk about her days there, and the crzy things she did in college there. Sounded like a fun school, but my fate was to take me out of state for school.

Edited by TJones

I went to NTSU.

Living in Denton was great for me, and I stayed there a few years after getting out of school.

I took a class on John Milton's Paradise Lost from Dr. Mrs. Mary Buckalew at NTSU, and have never since had a more profound and enjoyable learning experience.

Edited by tamtagon

thanks for posting the pictures...i go to UNT, but have never been to the campus! (they ship teachers down here...).

my question - does denton really suck that bad? if i decide to continue to pursue my PhD at UNT, i will HAVE to move there... :unsure:

Edited by sevfiv

thanks for posting the pictures...i go to UNT, but have never been to the campus! (they ship teachers down here...).

my question - does denton really suck that bad? if i decide to continue to pursue my PhD at UNT, i will HAVE to move there... :unsure:

Those pics are only about 1/3 of the campus...

sevfiv, I don't want to discourage you from attending UNT, because I think the university is great, but I'm sorry, I don't like Denton. In my situation though, there is a bit of a cultural difference coming from Galveston. It's a little too "country" for my liking.

It seems to me that Denton is a city divided. There are the college students, and then there are the Dentonites. It reminds me of the town in the movie ''Foot Loose", with the one strip in town that the high school kids cruise on Friday and Saturday nights lol.

Thanks for the pics WTx, that courthouse is beautiful, but I hate even going downtown because of the huge Confederate soldiers memorial monument in front. <_<

Edited by J.A.S.O.N.

• The title was changed to University of North Texas