Multifamily On Highway 288 At Ardmore St.

Anyone know what's going up on Ardmore between Yellowstone and Holly Hall? A big 3-story parking garage has been under construction for a little while now (it's VERY visible from 288 just inside the Loop). Foundation slabs have been poured next to the parking garage. I drove by on Ardmore last week, and there's a sign spray-painted on plywood, indicating that this will be an apartment complex.

Anyone know any more details? I live directly across 288 from there (I can see the garage from my house)...just curious about what's going in. Just down the street, at Ardmore and Yellowstone, there's been an Urban Lofts sign up for months. No construction started there, though.

Interesting stuff going on in the neighborhood. That area of Ardmore is a mix of industrial and office buildings. I thought it interesting that an apartment complex would go in there, and even more interesting that they would build a parking garage for it. I wouldn't have thought that land was valuable enough to merit a parking garage. If it is, that's good news...

• Like 1

if thats the same deal im thinking of, crow bought +/- 7 acres for about $23 psf and I think underwrote rents at $1.40 psf

personally was not a fan of the site at that price.

will the rest of the area change soon into residential and retail. Since it is so close to the medical center it makes sense. I thought it will happen fast if it happens at all. Is the building boom going to slow to a Holt soon?

if thats the same deal im thinking of, crow bought +/- 7 acres for about $23 psf and I think underwrote rents at $1.40 psf

personally was not a fan of the site at that price.

So at that price a 1000 sq. ft. apartment would go for $1400 or so? Not cheap. It could be some coat-tail semi-speculation that the Almeda area will go upscale little by little. Also, large tracts of land must be getting scarce in the inner loop west of 288.

7 acres is fairly large but hopefully it will be nice. I would prefer to seem them contruct the housing on top of the parking instead of alongside it. People want to go live vertically anyway.

• The title was changed to Multifamily On Ardmore St. Next To Highway 288
  • The title was changed to Multifamily On Highway 288 At Ardmore St.