Houston And Los Angeles

Not much of that article still applies (at least regarding the economy and the real estate market). The mention of the employee at Arthur Andersen (hello - they are history!) certainly dates the article.... R.I.P. :mellow:

This article is over three years old - and the world has completely changed. We are at war on multiple fronts. The space shuttle exploded, and now the space program is grounded. We suffered from a catastrophic flood. And the unimaginable happened - light rail opened in Houston!!

Vacancy rates in Houston are not plummeting - they have soared. We've discovered the tapes and records that revealed the greed and exploitation of those folks at Enron and Dynegy who lied and manipulated to market analysts - and could care less about the safety of millions of Americans (namely in California and the West Coast). We also saw the personal accounts of thousands of Houstonians - the innocent workers at those companies - dwindle to virtually nothing thanks to the likes of Fastow and Lay. I sincerely think there is a special place, where it is very hot, for those two...

This article harkens back to a time that seemed much more innocent and fun - the world, and Houston, seem like much more serious places now.

Well, there was still much to learn from the article. The way I take this article is that it was only several years ago that all of it was true. And you cannot just ignore the momentum that existed back then, the momentum that created all those conditions the article speaks of. The momentum was there for fundamental reasons, and speaks volumes of what Houston is capable of doing. Just think of it as yet another sleeping crumbling underneath Houston that can at any time reawaken and catapult Houston to a higher level.