Jasper's Opens In The Woodlands

pineda

has anyone tried jasper's yet? i haven't heard any reports good or bad yet.

I heard a good review from a friend. But its crazy, mad impossible to get in now. They tried to go back a second time, but the resturant was closing service at 8pm because they were running out of food. The Woodlands needs a ton more quality resturants, because the few they have can't take the demand.

i agree. i'm amazed at how many restaurants in the woodlands are at capacity on week nights. going to any of the better restaurants on friday or saturday nights is a real pain.

i'm looking forward to announcements for the lower level retail at 21 waterway avenue and new tenants at pinecroft (although i'm not expecting fine dining at the latter). there is also available space and what appears to be a pad site or two at market street. surely more restaurants are to come.

• 4 weeks later...

my family took me to jasper's last night for my 40th birthday. the decor is great, the food is great, the service was just ok. we sat on the patio in view of the christmas tree in the park. we hated to leave. jasper's is a welcome addition to town center. the homemade butterfinger creme brulet with vanilla malt shots was sinfully delicious. for my meal, i had a flank steak with wilted spinach, mushrooms in a red wine demi-glaze. everyone was pleased with their meals.

How funny! My family was there last night also, although I wasn't there with them. They loved the decor, and thought the service was impeccable. My mother-in-law thought the waiters looked like monks ("all dressed in black from head to toe, it was just strange!"), and thought the food was okay, although they really don't care for "all that modern kind of stuff" people eat these days! HA! They did love the patio as well, and also didn't want to leave, they loved watching the children play in the Central Park area and all the pretty twinkling lights. Glad to hear you liked it as well, and Happy Birthday, Bach! :)

• 1 month later...

you're psychic pineda. i just read that review not 30 minutes ago. it made me want to head over there for lunch. being there was almost as much fun as eating the food. the decor is something not normally found in "the burbs" (did i just say that? not that the woodlands is a "burb" mind you ;)).

Bach-

I really like Jasper's. I like the food, the drinks (especially the Texas Margatini), and I really like the atmosphere, which is greatly served by excellent lighting techniques, nice furnishings and soft music. It is a bit surreal sitting on the patio sometimes as it does feel like you're part of "The Truman Show", but all in all, I have no complaints about food or service. I'll be back and often. If I happen to overhear a conversation one evening about the Houston Architecture Forum, I'll know it's you! :D

for one who has spent hundreds (ok, over a thousand) of evenings, inside the loop, dining, drinking, etc. jasper's is indeed "surreal". it's a rush, actually.

By 10:30 pm, I felt we were the throng of teen's, who lingered in central park, entertainment. The atmosphere was neat( kinda Vegas like), drinks great, service great, food...very average.