Tulsa Vs Oklahoma City

Tulsa :P

Have you notify that Tulsa is the second most populuarity in Oklahoma but really of course for that part. Tulsa has gained 24,000 people in the urban in 2000 now a loss of 13,000 today with a 155 sq mi in the area city limit. But do people know that Tulsa is first lead of their skyline in than OKC. Tulsa has built over 4 skyscraper structures in the area that reaches taller than the 500-foot tower in Oklahoma City. If the Golden The Cityplex Towers was just to be located and built in downtown Tulsa would may been a little more famous city than OKC. Tulsa just could of built just the 648-footer tower in downtown by itself with the rest of the buildings.

QUESTION IS

But why does Tulsa actually have taller structures than OKC if there the 2nd largest.

I think

* Best of Oil in Oklahoma of making lots of money

* Just to have a better skyline than OKC.

* To gain a lil more people than OKC (lol)

* To stand for Tulsa Indians of Native Americans

* The Cityplex and Williams tower is 30 feet taller than the Saint Louis Arch.(WOW)

Oklahoma City :rolleyes:

Oklahoma City is the largest city in Oklahoma over 530,000 people. Oklahoma City will actually will gain more people than the rest of cities in Rank of 500,000 like Seattle, Denver, Portland, Milwaukee and Charlotte by its size. But most of those are more popular cities with big metros and larger skylines that are sized like Tulsa's.

Question is

Will Oklahoma City in later in time plans to have larger structures than Tulsa. (Y/N) :P

O.K.

I'll compare Downtown's in this section, and start with OKC.

1988918-Oklahoma_City_skyline-Oklahoma_City.jpg

Myriad%20gardens%20skyline.jpg

P1240054-640.jpg

okc_skyline.gif

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

Interesting collection of Downtown OKC pics: http://www.notpurfect.com/ travel/grand/grand3.html

Tulsa:

320%20day.jpg

tulsatown.jpg

tulsa3.jpg

SUNSET.JPG

tulsa-skyline.jpg

55179%20.JPG

Tulsa's metro population is 900,000 people. City pop is about 350,000. OKC's metro pop is 1,250,000, and city pop is about 575,000. Tulsa has many more suburbs. OKC has two main suburbs, and a few other suburbs but that's it, and really isn't as big as Tulsa's suburban network.

OKC is a lot bigger. Tulsa is a lot prettier. Period.

OKC is a lot bigger. Tulsa is a lot prettier. Period.

Amen

I lived in Tulsa for 10 years... went to TU for grad school .... I would take Tulsa over OKC any day.

OKC it much bigger... but not in a good way... actually it is one my least faveorite cities in the US

They both look equally bland to me.

Why do we need city vs. city threads anyway? I know they run rampant on other fora, but it's unusual to have them here. This thread will be closely watched and if it gets out of hand will be closed.

Amen

I lived in Tulsa for 10 years... went to TU for grad school .... I would take Tulsa over OKC any day.

OKC it much bigger... but not in a good way... actually it is one my least faveorite cities in the US

Tulsans usually refer to OKC as the "smog metropolis."

Funny.... OKC is actually the largest city in compliance with the EPA's regulations on air quality.

Could we just close it anyway?

Just make a rule that city vs city be taking out.

Could we call it city comparisons?

The vs makes it seem like one has to win. I'm all about competition and winning, but that's in cases where it is not subjective. All of this would subjective and no clear winner can be determined.

• 2 weeks later...
Tulsa :P

Have you notify that Tulsa is the second most populuarity in Oklahoma but really of course for that part. Tulsa has gained 24,000 people in the urban in 2000 now a loss of 13,000 today with a 155 sq mi in the area city limit. But do people know that Tulsa is first lead of their skyline in than OKC. Tulsa has built over 4 skyscraper structures in the area that reaches taller than the 500-foot tower in Oklahoma City. If the Golden The Cityplex Towers was just to be located and built in downtown Tulsa would may been a little more famous city than OKC. Tulsa just could of built just the 648-footer tower in downtown by itself with the rest of the buildings.

QUESTION IS

But why does Tulsa actually have taller structures than OKC if there the 2nd largest.

I think

* Best of Oil in Oklahoma of making lots of money

* Just to have a better skyline than OKC.

* To gain a lil more people than OKC (lol)

* To stand for Tulsa Indians of Native Americans

* The Cityplex and Williams tower is 30 feet taller than the Saint Louis Arch.(WOW)

Oklahoma City :rolleyes:

Oklahoma City is the largest city in Oklahoma over 530,000 people. Oklahoma City will actually will gain more people than the rest of cities in Rank of 500,000 like Seattle, Denver, Portland, Milwaukee and Charlotte by its size. But most of those are more popular cities with big metros and larger skylines that are sized like Tulsa's.

Question is

Will Oklahoma City in later in time plans to have larger structures than Tulsa. (Y/N) :P

Not to be mean or anything........But is thre still a such thing as Proof-reading?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread will be closely watched and if it gets out of hand will be closed.

Praise be to Allah and Koran!!!

These "vs" threads remind me of the ones that flood skyscrapercity. Which usually turn into flame wars, with pointless discussions.

But on the topic of Tulsa and Oklahoma City:

Both have decent skylines, but Tulsa's is a little bit nice/bigger. Tulsa is really known for oil, infact, didn't Citgo move there regional H.Q. from there not too long ago?

Both cities, to me, are really underrated and both are often overlooked.

Yeah that's the damn truth. Then some moron comes along like that dude in the B'ville Vs. Ponca thread... but really he made my day. Who would have ever thought anyone would be such a loser?

But uhh yeah. You know really, not enough people care about Tulsa or OKC on this forum. Heck, Houstonians just know that most of their companies are actually relocated from Tulsa (maybe an overstatement).

This thread has already been long gone, despite being a couple pages long on almost every Oklahoma forum I've ever been to. Mine, OKC Talk, Tulsa Now, OKGOP, all of them.

And actually they are the worst flame-wars you'll ever see.

Archived