K, I'm Trying This Again

caroline

Greetings!

I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself and what not. My first name is Caroline and I'm a young electrical designer being trained to do highrise condominiums and apartments. I've been working my tail off on the Endeavour Condos they are building in Pasadena, and am starting on Turnberry by the Galleria today.

I am really interested and excited about all the new high rises and such all over Houston, so my main purpose on here is to keep up to date and read other peoples opinions about different developements around Houston.

I will offer as much information as I can dig out of the pm's in my office, but if I seem a little behind on my info, don't be too hard on me

One of my coworkers tried to tell me they were removing the waterwall. Was I right to tell him that was totally rediculous?

so far everything on turnberrty is very preliminary.. they are reducing it from 42 stories to 33 probably though. i just talked to my supervisor, and was instructed to not give too much information at this stage of developement. it's going to be really cool though!

(my dad made me change my name.. he doesnt want me using "his" last name on the internet talking about projects... )

so disregard the earlier topic! wont happen again i promise!

Ok that clears up the ...s

I will just repost what I said even though it has been answered.

Welcome to the forum.

Please, if you can, tell us more about the turnberry building you are working on. Is it the same 42 story that was mentioned at the beginning of this year?

Yes I think your friend was off the mark about the waterwall. Did he have a reason why?

Greetings!

I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself and what not. My first name is Caroline and I'm a young electrical designer being trained to do highrise condominiums and apartments. I've been working my tail off on the Endeavour Condos they are building in Pasadena, and am starting on Turnberry by the Galleria today.

I am really interested and excited about all the new high rises and such all over Houston, so my main purpose on here is to keep up to date and read other peoples opinions about different developements around Houston.

I will offer as much information as I can dig out of the pm's in my office, but if I seem a little behind on my info, don't be too hard on me 

One of my coworkers tried to tell me they were removing the waterwall. Was I right to tell him that was totally rediculous?

so far everything on turnberrty is very preliminary.. they are reducing it from 42 stories to 33 probably though. i just talked to my supervisor, and was instructed to not give too much information at this stage of developement. it's going to be really cool though!

Greetings to you Caroline, and Welcome Aboard!

It's a bit funny indeed, for I just signed on yesterday myself.........speaking of your obviously interesting electrical work with the Endeavor project in Clear Lake which I find is certainly most fascinating, HOW DARE you be so lucky to have the inside track on the prospective Turnberry project.......for your job has to be Magnificent indeed.

Please, oh Please, beg your upper management to return to their original plans on the Turnberry project of 42 stories, at least for the very sake of the originality/aesthetics purposes, not to mention a bit more reasons beyond that..... for we were really hoping that this project was going to stand-out among the crowd big time......33 stories just seem so yesterday..........

By the way, can you by chance reveal a clue as to the prospective locale of the Turmberry for your new pals here at HAIF?  I for one am totally curious as to just where do they plan to put it?

Nevertheless, I am just dying to take a peek at any perspectives planned for Houston................can you reveal anything?  metropolitantexan

(my dad made me change my name.. he doesnt want me using "his" last name on the internet talking about projects... )

so disregard the earlier topic!  wont happen again i promise!

so disregard the earlier topic!  wont happen again i promise!

Welcome to the forum, Caroline. Nice to add another female viewpoint as the cigar smoke (and other smoke) can get kinda thick here sometimes..cough

I deleted the earlier topics but, for that favor, you'll now have to tell us all everything you know about the Turnberry. B) jk

Electrical designer? As in the designing the lighting fixtures within the building or more to do with the electrical system itself? If you're speciality will end up being high-rises, I predict you'll be busy for a long time as we've only begun to really scratch the surface. Uptown is going to be world-class and other mini-high-rise zones are being born with each passing year or two. The Hermann Park zone is particularly exciting.

"By the way, can you by chance reveal a clue as to the prospective locale of the Turmberry for your new pals here at HAIF? I for one am totally curious as to just where do they plan to put it?"

Well I believe it is planned for uptown. I am not sure exactly where.

Also in the future could you not put your post inside the QUOTE tags. It makes it seem like you didn't type anything. That seems to happen alot on HAIF. I wonder why it seems to only happen here.

"By the way, can you by chance reveal a clue as to the prospective locale of the Turmberry for your new pals here at HAIF?  I for one am totally curious as to just where do they plan to put it?"

Well I believe it is planned for uptown.  I am not sure exactly where.

Also in the future could you not put your post inside the QUOTE tags.  It makes it seem like you didn't type anything.  That seems to happen alot on HAIF.  I wonder why it seems to only happen here.

well, i guess i can reveal that much. it's going to be right next to the waterwall actually. apparently it's on the last piece of land next to the galleria. next to the parking garage right over there. my coworker said there's a "frisbee field" there.

Great, that field at the corner of McCue and Hidalgo would be the perfect place to build another highrise. It would definitly create infill we always want and the Waterwall and park would remain an assest to the new residents in the area of the Manhattan and Empire condos also.

Electrical designer? As in the designing the lighting fixtures within the building or more to do with the electrical system itself? If you're speciality will end up being high-rises, I predict you'll be busy for a long time as we've only begun to really scratch the surface. Uptown is going to be world-class and other mini-high-rise zones are being born with each passing year or two. The Hermann Park zone is particularly exciting.

both actually. but i'm still in training as far as designing the entire system. if i make a mistake on that part it's a pretty big deal, so they dont quite trust me with all that yet. :)

i do lighting, receptacles, telecom, security, fire alarms and hooking up all the mechanical and plumbing appliances to the electrical system that my boss designs.

oh, and if the secretary and the accountant are busy, they make me answer the phones because i'm the only other female in my office. i would be insulted, but it's really just like asking me to play on the internet and goof off, so i dont mind.

• 2 months later...

Caroline-

Thanks for the information. Its refreshing to hear someone so energetic about the work they do. It sounds like you really have a passion for it.

I am pretty new to this forum myself. I have to say that I completely agree with you. This forum is a fantastic place to stay current on different developements around Houston. I love hearing everyones opinions and thoughts on whats new and coming up. Everyone seems to have a birds eye view of whats going on.

Good luck with your new projects.

Isn't the significance of the waterwall is for all the toilets to be able to flush properly in the old Transco Tower ? For some reason I recall hearing that was what the function of that waterwall is all about. Please correct me if I'm wrong. History has shown I usually am. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by TJones

Isn't the significance of the waterwall is for all the toilets to be able to flush properly in the old Transco Tower ? For some reason I recall hearing that was what the function of that waterwall is all about. Please correct me if I'm wrong. History has shown I usually am. :lol::lol::lol:

Ummm...suuure :blink:

Where did you hear this?

Heh Heh, that would be great!!! Seriously, welcome Caroline. I look forward to the insights of an "insider". <<That wasn't a double negative was it?