Klde Tower

Jeebus

I KDLE the same station that was located in the Musem District between Herman Park and Midtown?

Or was that KBME?

I think it's an ambulance station/lot now.

Where's the ambulance station?

KLDE-FM - Oldies 107.5; city of license is actually Lake Jackson, which is why the transmitter is at Angleton. Part of the Cox group now, studios in the Galleria area, probably previously in Greenway Plaza. As KGOL, it had studios on the S. Loop as I recall.

You're right about KLDE being on Alabama when it was on 94.5; I'd forgotten about that.

It gets confusing with all the call letter changes and frequency swapping that goes on these days. City of License pertains to the frequency, regardless of what call letters or programming are. 94.5 has always been licensed to Houston, 107.5 always to Lake Jackson. It went on the air in 1963 about a mile and a half from where I lived in Lake Jackson; I knew the owner. There were some earlier call letters before KGOL but I can't remember what they were. It was a low power station, 3000 watts or something like that, with a short stick; nobody in Houston could hear it.

Previous incarnations on 94.5 included KARO-FM and KLEF-FM.

I worked at 107.5 for a time shortly after it moved studios to Houston. This was about 1980 or so. The studios were in a one-story building on the west side of Kirby, about a block or two north of the South Loop. The building sat at diagonal on the SW corner of the intersection, with a covered circular driveway. The building faced diagonally toward the dome.