Remembering Rock 101 KLOL

JoeFM

That's cool. Guess I can add 38.9 back to that set's lineup. Ran across color bars the other day and deleted it. Glad to see you're back up and running. Didn't want to post anything about it as I thought it'd be rubbing salt in a wound.

Now, if you could just get control of that still not ready to go KRUT-LP for Joe-FM and stick it up there on Neyland...

You're even running the liners, which is a nice touch. Outlaw Radio 101 KLOL, not the Rock 101 crap Clear Channel destroyed KLOL with. You planning on a best of S&P tomorrow morning? That'd be the cherry topping.

Been a long time since I rock n' rolled...

15 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

..... planning on a best of S&P tomorrow morning? That'd be the cherry topping

He's basically simulcasting the stream from http://www.rock101klol.com. Not sure if they could get away with rebroadcasting any S&P. I love how he's been changing it up with something different on the weekends. 

You know what would be neat? If Bill Turner would allow these guys to use the airtime on KYND. It's not generating any revenue right now anyway, and that'd be a great gesture to a local group keeping the KLOL legend alive. Sure, it'd only be during the daylight, but the burrito joke introducing Europe's "Final Countdown" is really starting to wear thin when you hear it day after day after day.

Or...or...since 1520 IS licensed to Cypress, why not donate the airtime to Jim Pruett for his LPFM "Cypress Radio"? I would think he'd certainly be appreciative. Maybe I should just quit trying to give away airtime on someone else's facility, lol. It seems like that would be a great thing for Pro Broadcasting to do for the smaller community broadcasters, and a feather in their cap to truly give back to the community they are licensed to call home.

Just a thought; maybe I'm asking too much. I've talked to Bill many times over the years. Great guy, and it may just be a case of him never even thinking about something like that while KYND is on the search for a new client to lease the time.

Heck, I'd like to see you take it a step further, Mouse. Bill would make a tremendous addition to the HAIF ranks. Fantastic man, and knows the radio business inside and out. 

I haven't mentioned anything to him about what I posted earlier, Mouse. The Streamline site was my only means of communication with him. I don't know if the Pro ownership would even give consideration to the idea; I was just bouncing it off of the wall. Nothing more, nothing less. Would be neat for Jim, though, and some much needed awareness that Cypress Radio is up there jamming away.

Archived