Channel 49 sold for $300K

JoeFM

Just learned that KEHO-LD (Channel 49, dark - not currently on air) has been sold to DTV Corp for $300,000.  DTV America is an owner of low-power television stations in the United States. These stations carry programming from the English-language networks Antenna TV, DrTV, MyNetworkTV, and Soul of the South Network, and Spanish-language networks Estrella TV and Telemundo.

Notably, the FCC has issued a construction permit for KEHO-LD to operate from the Neyland Tower near Crosstimbers and I-45.  This is the same tower that KAHO-LD (Channel 4) briefly operated from before being turned off due to transmitter issues.  Last month, the transmitter was returned to the manufacturer for repairs.  No word as to when it will be back for operations to resume.

232323232.jpg

cvcvcv.JPG

Goodness Joe, you're really starting to fill the old girl out. You know what's amazing to me? This TV facility sells for $300k, while the 1kW radio facility of KCOH netted $1.8 million.

Go figure. Any word to when this bad boy is going to light up from Neyland?

4 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

Goodness Joe, you're really starting to fill the old girl out... Any word to when this bad boy is going to light up from Neyland?

We also have a HAM repeater on the old stick which, by the way, took a direct lightning hit last week.  No damage.  No, no word on if or when KEHO will light up.  There are a lot of LPTV channels being bought and sold real cheap right now due to fears that they will be displaced after the spectrum auction.  Sellers fear they will be left holding a worthless license, while investors are grabbing up the channels to keep them dark.  I'm sure you are aware of the other built out (but dark) station in Houston that is held by New York Spectrum Holding???  In other cities, they have been quietly experimenting with other uses for their slice of the spectrum.  See  http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=39870

Surprisingly enough, some light has been shed on the bit of spectrum darkness that is New York Spectrum Holding's doing. Just saw KQHO-LD on the air a couple of days ago. It was back to airing that Diya TV programming.

I suspect it's a goner in the reverse auction, as we know KTBU is, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the KZJL and KUBE licenses returned as well. Liberman is in seling mode, and NRJ is known for the spectrum bait game. It's what they do.

Heck, we may just end up feeling like we're back living in the 70's, here in Houston, with only 5 or 6 licensed television signals available to your set in the next year or two. I'm like a kid in the candy store, just itching to see which gumball drops from the gravity bin next. 

Archived