The Forum A Memorial Woods: Senior Living At 777 North Post Oak Rd.

IronTiger

It's been a while since I cracked open my small collection of microfilm scans from the 1980s, which have been previously seen on HAIF (the last post of "Rice Village history", "Once a Strip Club, Always A Strip Club", Jungle Jim's Sharpstown, a Phar-Mor ad with locations, deteriorated theaters by 1989) and it's high time for another one. This one is an ad for the then-new Forum at Memorial Woods, a retirement home just southwest of the I-10W and I-610 intersection.

While the building is still very much intact and retains its 1980s aesthetics, what I found interesting was the map with nearby supermarkets and shopping places, two of which are gone entirely (I have a map sort of like this for the entire Houston area, though trying to scan all of it has been rather difficult). Yeah, I know that this sort of thing isn't as interesting as the Foley's opening at Almeda Mall, but anything to keep the activity at the Historic Houston subforum up.

34035526211_a6f19f4773_o.jpg

• Like 1

Ha!  :D

I love these little hand drawn maps!

Been spending the winter culling photographs from what started out as just the near SE high school yearbooks, and that's blossomed into pretty much Harris and every surrounding county (climbed to over 1100 photos last night!)

There was one of these in the 1940 Lamar book that caught my eye, with Lamar, River Oaks Country Club, River Oaks office, River Oaks community center and gardens, Memorial Park, and Tall Timbers as the only markers of the area. Priorities!

• The title was changed to The Forum At Memorial Woods
  • The title was changed to The Forum A Memorial Woods: Senior Living At 777 North Post Oak Rd.