mrtejano

Since no one has mention this translator I will mention it for you. Latino broadcasting corporation is currently testing 98.7 FM. They are currently testing it with a regional Mexican Christian format. I currently work on I 10 and the Heights and I could pick it up on our store radio very good I try to listen to 98.5 La Raza and I can hear it but I could hear 98.7

I've noticed that K254BZ has lost something since its sign on. These last couple of days, it has taken interference from next door neighbor La Raza, which it had not had issues with before at this location. The facility is licensed for directional, as Joe stated, facing Needville. I think there may have been some adjustments made at the tower site recently.

On a personal note, I'd like to say thanks to the both of you for coming over here to visit me. Please, pull up a comfy chair and make yourself at home. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, I will be doing everything I can to ensure that the HAIF will become the new home for the latest radio moves and deals in Southeast Texas. With ol' Blue Dogs (he's a longtime member here) covering television, combined what we will do for the radio boards here at the HAIF, this can very well be the go-to spot for all things broadcasting related in Houston, Beaumont, Huntsville, B/CS and in between.

I just need you guys assistance. No way I can accomplish this alone.

Let me get my ghettoness out here ( since this mod seems cooler ) DUDE you're the only reason I went to you know where. You're the one that posted mostly everything about applications and licenses. The other forum lost a great blogger I guess you can call yourself a blogger.

I've noticed that K254BZ has lost something since its sign on. These last couple of days, it has taken interference from next door neighbor La Raza, which it had not had issues with before at this location. The facility is licensed for directional, as Joe stated, facing Needville. I think there may have been some adjustments made at the tower site recently.

On a personal note, I'd like to say thanks to the both of you for coming over here to visit me. Please, pull up a comfy chair and make yourself at home. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, I will be doing everything I can to ensure that the HAIF will become the new home for the latest radio moves and deals in Southeast Texas. With ol' Blue Dogs (he's a longtime member here) covering television, combined what we will do for the radio boards here at the HAIF, this can very well be the go-to spot for all things broadcasting related in Houston, Beaumont, Huntsville, B/CS and in between.

I just need you guys assistance. No way I can accomplish this alone.

Glad to see you're alive and well! Always felt like me bringing up Golden Triangle related stuff was resented on the other Houston board. I find that ironic since several of the stations now claiming to be Houston stations (1380, 93.3, 97.5, 98.5 and 107.9) were removed from our locale and their heritage in our community.

Wow, guys...I am truly touched by the kind thoughts and words. Thank you, mrtejano. It has been amazing over the past week since that incident occurred, as I have received a number of emails and PMs from several folks that I've known from over there, expressing their support of me leaving, thanking me for my many years of contributions there.

I just never knew people trusted and followed my writings that closely. I always tried to maintain my reputation of telling the truth, or at least what I believed to be the truth, and showing my fellow posters the respect that they deserve.

Stan, welcome! Amigo, you KNOW I'm always good for talking some Golden Triangle shop and welcome anything & everything you can throw at us from your area. If you'd do me a favor, and pass a note along to Chris, I'd appreciate it. I didn't get the chance to drop him a line, as upset as I was about the handling of that situation.

Oh well, it's water under the bridge. Here is where I am, here's where the new home for the latest released information concerning Houston, B-PA, and B-CS radio facilities will be, and God (and the HAIF editor) willing, one day this thing will be such a go-to for us radio enthusiasts and regular listeners, that we'll see the Houston Radio Information Forum birthed from the HAIF.

I'm certainly willing to do everything I can to provide a truly free and open radio discussion, free of belittling, chastising, and speech/thought controlling. It doesn't matter if you work in radio or not to me, and it certainly doesn't give those that currently do, a right to look down their nose at those who don't. We all love and respect the medium; what we don't agree with the industry insiders on is the direction it is currently facing.

The main thing I need is you guys to check in periodically, and just talk with me to keep the conversations flowing, and uh...tell a friend where we are! Heck, tell them all!

Seems Mr Frank got booty hurt I got kicked out of the other blog.

You were kicked out for following me? I didn't realize I had that kind of space reserved within their management's psyche.

That's it, dwindle those numbers over there even more. Pretty soon, they can re-hang the closed for business sign.

Since there's apparently someone over there threatened enough by my departure to keep track of my movement over here, I'll say one last thing, and never mention the other community again.

If what the community has become, was Streamline's vision for it when they purchased everything from Diana Fleming, it would've been better off had they simply left the doors shuttered, and stepped aside allowing Lance and his crew to pick up the baton and run. Now, there's two splintered boards; neither of which even come close to the sheer volume of activity and participation that the original Radio-Info once enjoyed regularly.

Anyway, 98-7 has added some new music, but I recall a mention or two that they were to have launched the new format last week.

So where is it? How much testing does this translator actually need?

Yes they have added many new songs, well by new I mean new to air on 98.7. But you're right no new format anywhere. And still waiting for 105.3, I'm predicting formats swaps all around, LA NUEVA 94.1 will flip formats but they will keep that name.

The Christian one will move to 98.7, 105.3 will possibly play Tejano or become another La Mejor.

La Mejor 104.5 y 105.3?? Maybe not I think they cover the same area.

Seems they're testing with a different format, they where playing a lot of Christian Regional Mexican music. Now they're playing lots of Christian Topical Cumbias Music. And I have noticed what Purple said about the sound. It has lots of static, and once in a wok while I'll listen to someone speaking English. It sounds like a station sneaking in.

KTXN Victoria is your English language station mixing in, mrtejano. It's been giving the translator hell the past couple of nights. We had a big opening from San Antonio last night, with everything from the non-comm band, clear up to 107-5 KXTN battling it out with our own KGLK. For the 1st time in my recollection, KBBT Schertz "98-5 The Beat" overtook La Raza last night. I had a hard time nulling KBBT to receive KTJM last night, and that's just not normal for our area.

Welcome to spring time. This is the high point when we find out just how much interference these new translators are going to take from co-channel facilities. 98-7 is in trouble. So is La Nueva, which has been blanketed by KTFM the last two nights, here in the north side.

Archived