A Good Corned Beef Sandwich

Anyone know who serves a good Jewish deli style corned beef sandwich in Houston. Not those nasty cold ones on wheat bread with lettuce and tomato (heresy!) but the authentic hot ones on rye that are almost too big to eat. I tried Katz's but I got tired of being served attitude along with my sandwich. There is a place in Rice Village but the corned beef was a little fatty and the potato salad was awful.

Kahn's would have been my suggestion. I used to get the Reuben there and get two meals out of it.

Kahn's is great. The best Jewish Deli in town. I like Katz's too, even though it is a chain. Try their Corned Beef and see what you think. I always get some Russian sandwich that rules.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll try them again. Must have gotten them on a bad day.

Please do. I've been eating the Reuben at Kahn's and his father's place, Alfred's in the Village, for decades and it's great. Sometimes the meat is a little fatty -- some people like it that way. The Potato Salad is awesome, if you ask me.

For some reason they have in the last year or so I think started putting cheddar and swiss on the Reuben. I always tell 'em to leave the cheddar off -- has no place on a Reuben.

If Mike Kahn makes it for you, it'll be great.

Archived