Houston Streets - Condition, Progress, and Financing - An insider's view

How many of these are basically constantly being repaired, and how many are on their "first run"? I remember seeing some old photos/videos of Houston (I think the "ride to Memorial City" was one, and a few pictures to HAIF were others) and the roads looked pretty much the same as today sans decades of age? After all, Kirby hadn't been touched since at least the mid-1980s prior to part of it being resurfaced, and I'm pretty sure some of the "four lane roads with wide medians" typically found Inner Belt/Outer Loop haven't seen much repair either.

Then again, 30+ years is a long time, and the continual maintenance of other roads means that they won't be redone again in another few decades.

Personally, I would be interested in how many "bad roads" are caused by a lack of maintenance and age, and which ones are damaged by buses. The easiest way to tell is to see if the outer lane is significantly worse than the inner lane, but I wonder if there's some sort of wider statistic on that.