Guest Quarters Hotel At 2929 Post Oak Blvd.

IronTiger

Normally I associate hotels converted to retirement communities in declining areas, but there's been a suspiciously hotel-like building I've passed in the last few years called the Hampton Retirement Community. A recent visit had the building rebranded as "Brookdale Senior Living Solutions" with the smaller (and classy, as opposed to sorta tacky) Hampton Retirement Community text removed. But something tells me that it wasn't always a retirement community, and actually a hotel at one time. Does anyone know if it was a hotel, or was it actually built as a retirement community?

• Like 1

That building was originally a Guest Quarters hotel. Regarding the Hampton/Brookdale rebranding, Brookdale had to get rid of the Hampton name after a lawsuit by Hilton, who own the Hampton Inn/Hampton Hotels trademark. 

• Like 2

That building was originally a Guest Quarters hotel. Regarding the Hampton/Brookdale rebranding, Brookdale had to get rid of the Hampton name after a lawsuit by Hilton, who own the Hampton Inn/Hampton Hotels trademark.

Yeah, it was confusing. That definitely makes sense!

• The title was changed to Hotel-To-Retirement Place In Uptown
  • The title was changed to Guest Quarters Hotel At 2929 Post Oak Blvd.