What is the longest road in Houston? And Which is the busiest?

Who knows if they build it out or not but Mason Road runs from past the Katy section of the Grand Parkway and will run all the way north to the Cypress section of the GP

They most certainly will, but the question is when. If it takes 20 years, will we all be alive to see it? I think originally it was supposed to go even past Fairfield all the way to 2920/halfway to Magnolia from 290 once it crosses 290 at the underpass already setup for it, but it just deadends into the back section of Fairfield for now.

I was really talking about Road that carry the same name throughout the course of their span (excluding the name changes). Roads that go through various name changes don't count as the same road in my book.

Yes Little York road is a beast! It stretches all the way from Katy/Cy-Fair all the way out east. Didn't realize that.

So does Westheimer hold the title as the busiest?

I'm not convinced that Westheimer is the busiest street section of any street for a block or couple block distance, but if we're taking the average of all major Houston thoroughfares then it probably does easily win. Another issue I had with that question is whether or not frontage roads to freeways are included. If so, I'm fairly certain I-10's frontage roads in some parts of town would definitely give Westheimer a run for its' money in terms of busy.

I'm not convinced that Westheimer is the busiest street section of any street for a block or couple block distance, but if we're taking the average of all major Houston thoroughfares then it probably does easily win. Another issue I had with that question is whether or not frontage roads to freeways are included. If so, I'm fairly certain I-10's frontage roads in some parts of town would definitely give Westheimer a run for its' money in terms of busy.

Since frontage roads are apart of a freeway, they do not count

Archived