Houston Freeways

Gary

And see how much nicer the scenery is along the freeway? The freeways in Houston with the feeder roads are totally hideaous...all of those nasty strip centers, billboards, and signs....Ugliest freeways anywhere!

Geeez, that's a little strong. I'm curious, have you lived in any other city in which you were dependent on freeways for both driving and business?

I have and can tell you I love Houston's freeway system. I've said it before, it's a very convenient way to live life around a freeway system. If I want to feel like I'm driving in the country I'll go to the country. I say give me them developed feeders partner.

Geeez, that's a little strong. I'm curious, have you lived in any other city in which you were dependent on freeways for both driving and business?

I have and can tell you I love Houston's freeway system. I've said it before, it's a very convenient way to live life around a freeway system. If I want to feel like I'm driving in the country I'll go to the country. I say give me them developed feeders partner.

They are indeed the ugliest freeways. Ugly freeways have nothing to do with being in the country or in the city. It just so happens that the feeder road system with the strip centers, billboards, and signs that go along with it create un overall unattractive area. You always have those select freeways that are more built up than others, but goodness, their is no reprive driving around this town...GROSS.

They are indeed the ugliest freeways. Ugly freeways have nothing to do with being in the country or in the city. It just so happens that the feeder road system with the strip centers, billboards, and signs that go along with it create un overall unattractive area. You always have those select freeways that are more built up than others, but goodness, their is no reprive driving around this town...GROSS.

I'm glad you've given your expert opinion on what's attractive and what's not. I'll be sure to consult you next time before I make such ludicrous statements. Of course you never addressed the concept of ultimate convenience when trashing Houston's freeway system which was my initial point.

When I mentioned driving through the country, I was speaking of tree lined freeways vs feeder roads which are developed. Once again, I love Houston freeways for there convenience. Try driving in LA on a freeway that you don't know well. You'll then understand what I'm talking about.

By the way, I'm curious as to why you live here.

I can see both sides of the coin on this beautiful and ugly freeway thing. I think the deciding factor would be if you had to take a wicked piss, I mean, so bad that your teeth are floating. Well, Midtowner, your freeway has plenty of trees to choose from on either side but one draw back, you can't friggin get off the freeway to get to any of them! Whereas, Houston freeways have lots of exits and Stop n Go stores on the feeders in order to relieve your pain, while I get to go to the restroom, wash my hands, always wash, and get back in my car and onto the freeway again, Midtowner gets to marinate in his own juices because he didn't have anywhere to go, while admiring the pine trees, stuck in traffic. B)

I can see both sides of the coin on this beautiful and ugly freeway thing. I think the deciding factor would be if you had to take a wicked piss, I mean, so bad that your teeth are floating. Well, Midtowner, your freeway has plenty of trees to choose from on either side but one draw back, you can't friggin get off the freeway to get to any of them! Whereas, Houston freeways have lots of exits and Stop n Go stores on the feeders in order to relieve your pain, while I get to go to the restroom, wash my hands, always wash, and get back in my car and onto the freeway again, Midtowner gets to marinate in his own juices because he didn't have anywhere to go, while admiring the pine trees, stuck in traffic. B)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm glad you've given your expert opinion on what's attractive and what's not. I'll be sure to consult you next time before I make such ludicrous statements. Of course you never addressed the concept of ultimate convenience when trashing Houston's freeway system which was my initial point.

When I mentioned driving through the country, I was speaking of tree lined freeways vs feeder roads which are developed. Once again, I love Houston freeways for there convenience. Try driving in LA on a freeway that you don't know well. You'll then understand what I'm talking about.

By the way, I'm curious as to why you live here.

Nothing personal dude. Yes, my opinion...they are ugly...your opinion..."ultimate convenience". If you dont want mine, dont put forth yours. Its that simple.

It just so happens that I am familiar with most freeways in the southland/inland empire/and S.D. County, and in my opinion they function much better and are more attractive...Part of why they function better has to do with the folks driving on them.

Personally I find the feeder road system to be a bit dangerous considering that you can have someone travelling freeway speed in one lane, and someone slowing to make a left hand turn in the lane next to them. But whatever...my opinion.

Learn to take criticism. I respect all opinions. Even if it is different from mine, but at the same time, if I want to reiterate my opinion, I will.

And as to your questin as to why i live here...what does that have to do with ones opinion on freeway function. Life is full of good and bad. Freeway function is not my sole criteria when choosing a place to live. Perhaps it is yours...no problem.

I think Its cool that Houston has the feeder roads with the development, but they should keep them clean as in no trash, tall signs, powerlines should be underground, and there should be a uniformed look.

At the same time, I am glade that Houston has freeways without feeders. Those are the ones that look very nice. Some freeways/tollways in Houston have feeders, but don't have the ugly development, for example the Sam Houston Toll road in the Town & Contry Area on to the Westchase area, that is nice with the toll road below the ground and the walls on the side (althought the walls need painting) and then after that comming into the forested area.

Houston does has a lot of nice freeway areas though.

Archived