Charles Harrison on KTRK

SpaceGhost

So does anyone have any clips of Charles Harrison from KTRK? He's my grandfather and for his 90th birthday which is coming up I'd love to put together any clips I could find of him.

So far I've been able to find a few things including a few VO announcements. While he seems to be mostly remembered as an announcer he did weather and some reporting mainly before the Capital City buyout of KTRK.

So if anyone has anything please let me know.

Space Ghost, have you talked to ChannelTwoNews about uploading several video clips from KTRK Ch 13 before Capital Cities was bought out ?

No I haven't but I'll give that a shot.

As for the videos I tired the links but YouTube says that the account associated with he videos was terminated. Would you happen to know who the uploader was, or possibly have them saved somewhere?

I think it was someone named Eddie Valdez or something like that, who uploaded the various Houston Beatles news reports in 1983. There's videos on the Rendezvous Houston concert in the weekend of April 5, 1986 currently on YouTube though.

I'm sorry if I came late to this topic, but I think I *may* have something that fits what you were looking for... I'm just not sure if it's with me (in Kansas) or down there where a bunch of my other tapes are, in storage. It was a 1982 weekend newscast where Mr. Harrison was filling in as the weatherman.

I had never seen him until that clip but he was always one of my favorite voices growing up, before I was even aware I had an interest in television and radio for a profession. I'll try and keep an eye out for that specific tape.

How is he doing, by the way?

Archived