Pizza Roma Little Itay

Pizza Roma Little Itay

You guys should see this places!

I saw it on abc13's Your Hometown Live!

It is a really neat place, and I am sure it will become famous and be on the Food Network or something like that. Its somewhere on DairyAshford, and it use to be open along time ago but they re opened with a new building now. If you want to see the video go to abc13.com click on one of the videos and then once in the video player, select the one that says "A tasy west Houston landmark is back open."

Pizza Roma Little Itay

You guys should see this places!

I saw it on abc13's Your Hometown Live!

It is a really neat place, and I am sure it will become famous and be on the Food Network or something like that. Its somewhere on DairyAshford, and it use to be open along time ago but they re opened with a new building now. If you want to see the video go to abc13.com click on one of the videos and then once in the video player, select the one that says "A tasy west Houston landmark is back open."

It is a shame that the original is no longer around. It was the best Pizza in Houston. I starting eating Pizza Roma in 1989 when my buddy started delivering pizza's there. Back then the place was a hole in the wall on Dairy Ashford and Briar Forrest. I am not even sure there was a place to sit down. Rich, the owner would send his drivers anywhere and people would order from 10-20 miles away and still get a pizza delivered.

The store moved to another Shopping Center along Dairy Ashford a few years later. Here Rich had a great lunch buffet and tons of games and whatnot for the kids. The quality was still great. We used to go in on Sunday's with huge hangovers and eat pizza, drink sodas and play QB1 while watching the Oilers (remember them).

Then in the late 90's or early 00's he built this huge restuarant with the feax Statue of Liberty out front. I am sure he spent a large chunk of change to build this place. Instead of paying rent in an older shopping center he now had a mortgage in a pretty new building. Of course the location was less than stellar as the building was hidden from the Dairy Ashford traffic.

About a year ago I called my old buddy and asked if he wanted to grab some "Roma" for old times sakes (we both live in Midtown and were willing to make the drive). He told me it had shut down !!

I am happy to see it opening again, but I am not so sure the pizza will be as good. Plus I think Romano's on W Grey has pizza that is 99% as good.

I also wonder what happened to Rich and his family. He was a nice guy who put everything he had into his concept. Unfortunately it grew a little too big and he could not keep up !!.

I am wanting a piece of "Sausage Za" right now !!