Apple Denstists On Bellaire Blvd.

IronTiger

Whenever I go to Chinatown in Bellaire area, there's this restaurant near the corner that has a large apple above it, and used as a landmark. However, even though I looked up the address on HCAD, it turns up nothing meaningful, and plugging the address in instead returns the address of the grocery store behind it (a vacant "Greenhouse" Kroger since renovated into another Asian supermarket). Looking up "Apple Bellaire" mentions a dentistry in the vicinity. Funny thing is, the apple hasn't even been around for that long (new construction), yet I've never been able to find a name for it and I think its empty. Looking on Google Maps it appears to be vacant.

It's at Wilcrest Drive and Bellaire Blvd.

That would be Apple Dentists, a local dentitsty practice with several locations on Bellaire.  In addition to the giant apple, some of their other locations (one further down Bellaire near Synot and one at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford) feature an inordinate amount of statuary and the sort of over-the-top imitation of French desgin that Vietnamese tend to be fond of.

I don't know if you've explored that corner, but one of the cheapest Vietnamese restaurants in town, Com Tam Thanh Kieu, is in the shopping center behind that Apple Dentists.  Across the street in the newer shopping center there's a Kim Son on the second story that does a pretty good dim sum.

Between two trips, I've been to Banana Leaf (lots of good food for a reasonable price), Hong Kong City Mall, fit (was there mostly because my cousin's wife enjoyed it), Juice Box, and a dumpling house in Diho Center that I can't recall the name of.

• The title was changed to Apple Denstists On Bellaire Blvd.

Archived