Tommie Vaughn Ford/Chuck Davis Chevrolet

Ashikaga

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Vaughan was a good friend of my family growing up, probably because he and my grandfather kept an A&M and LSU debate going since both played football for their college. He really had a way of dealing with people and still being a business man. Every car we ever bought came from there until my grandfather bought a Lincoln Town Car in 94. Mr Vaughan gave me one of my first jobs when I was in High School and he told me he rarely advertised because he believed if people wanted to come, the didn't need to be coaxed and he liked having a group of return customers he could forge a relationship with rather than sell you a car and never see you again. Earlier this year I went to Houston to see my family and went by Tommie Vaughan Ford because I was looking at buying a truck. Well Mr. Vaughan made an appearance with his nurse and it broke my heart to see this previously strong, loving, caring, personalble man sitting there weak and frail not recognizing me or my mom and feeling the weakness in his handshake. After my mom called and told me he had passed I am glad I had that one last chance to shake his hand. I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I guess I felt like I had to say it.

Tommie Vaughan Ford will never be the same. His son in law now runs it, and I have nothing to say negative, but I feel I must say it is run purely as a business now, not as a relationship when Mr vaughan was... God Bless Him and his family...

Since Tommie Vaughn died a few years ago, is the dealership still being run by his daughters and son's-in-law's? Does the sign still have his name on it?

• The title was changed to Tommie Vaughn Ford/Chuck Davis Chevrolet

Archived