Apartments On The Corner Of Pecore St. And Beauchamp Renovation?

SilverJK

So I noticed over the past few months they seem to have moved everyone out of these apartments.  I drove by the other day and see a huge pile of rubble in the inner courtyard, but I also see brand new lumber stacked up as well.  It seems they might have replaced the soffit on the outside as well?   What the heck is going on with this place?  I heard that it was a disgusting moldy mess inside... and I've been hoping for it to be demolished but it looks like someone is going to try to renovate it again (last time they just replaced a few windows and slapped some ugly paint on it). 

Anyone know what is going on?

The same folks who did this flip:  http://marketedge.reiwise.com/default.aspx?propID=55727 appear to be renovating that complex.  I am no fan of the old garden style complexes, but they did a really nice job with the one on W 16th.  It is now very quiet and clean.  Before the flip, I saw a drug deal go down with someone in the apartment coming out to meet their dealer on the street, all while I was walking my kid down the street in the middle of the afternoon (a fix waits for no man).  It is an interesting niche market.  There are a few small operations working inside the loop who have been able to make good money flipping small garden style complexes.  Not sure how much longer they will be able to out maneuver the deeper pockets for these properties.  A lot of opportunities in the Heights for this kind of flip. 

While not ideal to my personal wants, that is great news.   If they do as good of a job as they did on the 16th street ones this will be a nice place for lower-mid income families (proximity to Travis) or singles.  I have seen some really crazy stuff at this apartment complex (including a lady trying to knife her boyfriend who held their baby).  With beauchamp estates going up just down the street and the other parcel of land/buildings on beauchamp and Redan I hear will be demo'd soon, this area is making a nice turn around.  I'd love to see the corner of Pecore and Main improve next.

• The title was changed to Apartments On The Corner Of Pecore St. And Beauchamp Renovation?

Archived