Houston Tourism

I will respond with some ideas a little later, but I think a key thing would be something that can be experienced in no other city, or something that is unique to Houston. That's why Kemah has been so successful. There is nothing else like it in the entire Houston Metro Area, and people drive from Conroe, Baytown, Katy and even College Station just just to visit it. We could use something that would do that on a national scale.

I have to go but will return soon with some ideas.

I totally agree. I have a few ideas of my own ......nothing worth sharing yet. The main thing standing in the way is MONEY!!

• 3 weeks later...

okie, about a week ago i finally got to the drawbridge - i am highly entertained by these things...heh

it's amazing how much the area is corroding - plus the fire on the bridge screwed it up pretty badly...

bayou1.jpg

char.jpg

erode.jpg

• 1 month later...

instead of the ripley's setup i would prefer to make the old 'miniature museum" permanent (it was temporary at the brazos bookstore a few years ago).

i agree that having an over-the-top-roller-getup would be entertaining and definitely an interesting place for local bands to play instead of smoky bars...

the "riverwalk" looks pretty neat. lots of character in the bridges but rode my bike through it though and there's lots of folks living down there...

We need more districts to make it appealing to tourists. Like the museum district, its easier for tourists to tour places that they can do more than one thing at a time. Like the Mall is a district, but we should think bigger and more public.

Archived