Know Of A House I Can Rent?

amymh3

Howdy! I'm looking to move to the Heights with my boyfriend in a month, and we have had quite some bad luck in finding a house to rent.  

Does anybody know of a friend, brother, neighbor, barber, whoever, that has a house that we can rent?  

We make really good neighbors :)   We are neat and tidy and looking to start a little family of our own in the Heights  :D

Criteria:  

#1.  we have a small dog.  She's 6, and a dachshund and will lick you to death.

#2.  Max budget around 2000

#3.  would prefer a garage or atleast an outside area to keep tools for woodworking projects

#4.  2 bedrooms

Non smokers, good credit, good steady jobs.  

Can anyone give me any leads?  We've been on har.com every single day...

Looking on HAR there really aren't many options in the loop (actually zero in the Heights). The only thing I can find is in my neighborhood (not the Heights, but it's safer, more house for your $, and close to Rice Village and biking on Braes Bayou). There are a ton of families in my neighborhood as well.

http://search.har.com/engine/3406-Linkwood-Houston-77025-3716_HAR16759885.htm

EDIT: Just saw it says "no dogs". Maybe they'd accept a tiny dog?

Good luck with your search.

I don't think you'll find a house with garage for under 2,000 in the Heights.  A friend of mine rents his 750 sq. ft garage apartment out for $1400 a month and people were fighting over it when it was last available (it is rather nice though).   Maybe Brooke Smith or Sunset Heights (i'm still doubtful).  You could likely find a 2BR duplex or garage apartment in that price range though.  Your best bet is probably to ride your bicycle around the neighborhood over the weekend and look for signs.  A lot of people don't even bother listing online, many don't even have to put a sign up.  Somtimes you can call about one property where you see a sign and they might have other properties coming available soon, or know someone else that has something coming up.   

Good luck!

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=41772682&v=s

Just a stone's throw from the Heights.  i think you will have the best luck looking just outside the Heights in Lazybrook, Timbergrove, Garden Oaks, Oak Forest etc.  It is still very competitive, but you are more likely to find a house with a garage as most of the ranch houses were built with garages. 

I guy who has a rental near me owns a bunch of rentals around the Heights.  He has just done the minimum maintenance on them and they are very basic.  He rents them for under 2k as they are small and pretty shabby, but rarely uses a realtor.  Mostly puts out a sign or goes on craigslist and gets multiple applicants.  Keep your eyes peeled and you may get lucky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Know Of A House I Can Rent?

Archived