Seller seeking advice from Realtor

beerguy

My wife and I are currently wishing to sell our house so that we can buy and move closer to downtown. We live west of the Beltway currently. Our issue is deciding what to do about some cracked tile in our sunroom and patio. We've traversed all the online tile and local tile shops, and all of them have said, "You're not going to find it." The sunroom and patio were done about six years ago and the tile places mentioned that tiles are seasonal and typically don't keep them in stock for more than a few years.

My question is, do we replace the tile ourselves so that when potential buyers see our house, they see a completed product? Or, do we place 3-4 tile options during open houses to give the potential buyer an option to pick a tile they like rather than just picking a tile to finish the job?

Our realtor doesn't like the idea of selling the house without the work being completed. My wife wants to do the tile option. I'm trying to resolve it and sell the house. We're looking to put the house on the market by the end of April, early May.

What are your thoughts?

Buyers who want to make choices want a "fixer-upper" house - which it doesn't sound like your house is... so its going to attract buyers who just want to buy and move-in.

Get the work done.  those buyers want a "move-in ready" house.  Make sure you choose a neutral tile so it can work with any decor.

Buyers who want to make choices want a "fixer-upper" house - which it doesn't sound like your house is... so its going to attract buyers who just want to buy and move-in.

Get the work done.  those buyers want a "move-in ready" house.  Make sure you choose a neutral tile so it can work with any decor.

+1

Archived