Bars Around Toyota Center

Where is a good place to grab a few drinks with friends before a concert at the Toyota Center?  I don't go downtown a lot unless it's for a Stros game.

I don't know of a lot around Toyota Center. Jet Lounge closed. Another idea is always go to somewhere in Midtown and catch a cab over to Toyota center for a few bucks. It will probably be the same as parking around there anyway.

Only thing there is BUS south, and it sucks.

The bars and lounges in the Hilton are sweet, and they are friendly and casual. A little pricey, but not bad for downtown. If I didn't do Main St or Midtown, as JFC suggested, I'd camp in the Hilton. One is on the first floor in the lobby, and the other is upstairs with a great view.

Depends on what you're looking for in a bar.

If you just want a place to drink, the Lone Star Saloon isn't too far away...maybe 5 or 6 blocks. The beer is cheap...the clientele tends towards recent arrivals from the Greyhound station.

Your best bet is probably Main Street downtown...there's a good variety of bars, from upscale to Irish pubs to the Flying Saucer (numerous beers on tap)...

A good generic recommendation is to take the light rail a couple stops up from the Toyota Center and bar hop on Main. You'll find something to suit your tastes. It's a couple-minute ride from Toyota, and probably a 5 minute walk from Main to the Toyota Center.