Fort Worth's 2005 Population

Unless I'm misinterpreting things, I think T Cole is saying that technically the Kimball is in FW and that it is unacceptable that "the best museum in the southwest" is not in Dallas proper.

In other words, he's more pointing out that he/she thinks that the Kimball is (at least arguably anyway) the best museum in the Southwest.

I could be wrong, though.

Gotcha, thanks.

Jason

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an incendiary manner I was ascribing the "unacceptability" to the position that a proud dallasite would have.

And I do think that the KimbEll IS the best "fine" arts museum in the southwest. One of the finest in the world. I also think that MFA Houston is a very close second.

Re-read my post. Here, I will make it easier:

Therefore, the board seats were allocated based on relative population, because the original ownership was such. Perhaps I should have made the case that ownership allotment should also be similarly re-apportioned.

You raise a good point. The DFW Airport website does not state how the ownership allotment was established.

If, in fact, it was based on population, then a redistribution may be appropriate.

Although when I read "ownership", I expect that there might be some relationship to the original investment - just like ownership of anything else.

When the airport was founded Dallas likely invested more and therefore has a greater ownership stake.

If anyone has any background on this topic, please share.

My only compliment for you Tcole is that you would make a great lawyer because you can bend through anything. Pass the crack pipe in many people's minds is interpreted as bad. i don't know if you do but people in general do which is why you need to be careful with words. Or Ima tussle youuuuuuuu.

Smart guy... you need to stick to the topic and stop trying to make yourself look inferior to everyone else...or do like most people would like.. go back to your Donky Kong video game or go to some chat room for children.

There is no place for people like you here. This place has serious topics and is a well organized site and I for one enjoy reading it. Take your flames elsewhere.

HOLY COW! Fort Worth wasn't originally predicted to hit 675K until the year 2015, and 727K by the year 2020.

http://www.nctcog.org/ris/demographics/for...e&thevalue=1500

At this rate, they could make the 2020 numbers by 2008.

now we know where most of the growth is coming from in the DFW metro! :lol:

I guess if growth doesn't happen in Dallas or the Dallas metro area, it can still count on Fort Worth to back it up to make the DFW area stay on top. Houston (just one city) however, we gotta do everything on our own!

We're Houston- we pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps! :D

And yes for your information I go in chat rooms for children, I'm 12 years old.

If that is indeed true, the I apologize smartguy for my berating of you. I mistakenly assumed you to be older and therefore better prepared for mature dialogue that includes vagaries such as irony and satire.

You might want to consider that you might not be completely prepared to contribute to boards such as these until you are older.

now we know where most of the growth is coming from in the DFW metro! :lol:

Most of the growth in the Metroplex occurs east of the Dallas-Tarrant county line, but barely. By percentage Collin county is the clear leader though (out of the big 4 counties). The west side is basically filling in the suburban areas north of the city that would correspond geographically to say Richardson, Plano etc.. which were filled in several years ago on the east side. Both the west side and east side are slowly creeping up to Oklahoma as the locals say, but the east side got a big head start.

Jason

Don't belittle me just cause I'm 12. I am a genius in the making. Private schools.

But dear boy, you are out of your league, so to speak. You may be "smart" among the acne set, but I am afraid that claiming private schooling is not going to cut it with me (as I am a by-product as well). I applaud your gumption, but your previous series of posts indicates that you need a few more years on you.

At your level, you are best served to read and ask questions; on this board, the former may be your best avenue.

But dear boy, you are out of your league, so to speak. You may be "smart" among the acne set, but I am afraid that claiming private schooling is not going to cut it with me (as I am a by-product as well). I applaud your gumption, but your previous series of posts indicates that you need a few more years on you.

At your level, you are best served to read and ask questions; on this board, the former may be your best avenue.

You must be my age or something because I've never met an adult who talks like that. Only my friends talk like that when they want to suck up to someone or to impress people. Adults don't care enough to talk like that.

You must be my age or something because I've never met an adult who talks like that. Only my friends talk like that when they want to suck up to someone or to impress people. Adults don't care enough to talk like that.

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh!!! tcole just got told off by a 12 year old. :o don't let him do that to you man!

hahahahaha

haha

hahahahahahahaha

I'm skepticle that Fort Worth could have more residents than Dallas in less than a few decades, if ever. I will not be surprised when the City of Dallas begins to annex unincorporated areas of SE Dallas, N Ellis and W Kaufman Counties.

oooh!!! tcole just got told off by a 12 year old. :o don't let him do that to you man!

see there you go instigating. i'm expecting a flamewar to break out soon! -_-

"smart guy" has been suspended from HAIF for violating our terms of service. Although 12-year-olds are allowed to participate in the forum, it's only with written permission from their parents as outlined in the federal COPPA act.

"smart guy" has been suspended from HAIF for violating our terms of service. Although 12-year-olds are allowed to participate in the forum, it's only with written permission from their parents as outlined in the federal COPPA act.

Once again, the federal government is interfering with our right to be entertained by 12 year olds. <_<

You might be surprised how many parents have actually sent those permission form to me. I know I'm surprised every time one arrives in the mail, unlocking access to Off Topic and Way Off Topic.

Archived