recent website changes

samagon

Used to, as far as up to a few days ago, I was able to click on the date under a users name over on the right hand side and it would take me to the last unread post; Now it takes me to the last post. That was a cool feature, and I'm guessing the way to do it just changed. How do I do it now?

That's odd.  I just tried it, and it worked OK for me.  

You are correct -- the HAIF software was upgraded a couple of days ago.  We are also on a global CDN so that the web site loads much faster.  For example, if you're visiting HAIF from Houston, the pages come to you from the Infomart in Dallas, instead of Pair Networks in Pittsburgh.  That should speed things up for most people.

Another new feature is that you can now share an individual post, and not just the thread.  There have been a number of other tweaks.

One of them must be the date jump that you mentioned.  I'll look into it and see what i can find.  That wasn't on the change list.  I guess there's a remote chance that it's something that can be set in preferences, if you want to dig around there.  I'll see what i can find out on my side.  If you don't hear anything about this within the next few days, shoot me a note.

thanks for looking into it, it was convenient!

I did also find that on the left, next the thread title, there's a dark dot when there's an unread post, if you click that, it takes you to the first unread post. So it's still there, just somewhere else.

For me, it has always been that the dot took me to first unread post, and the date and time under the last poster took me to the last post. In other words, nothing changed for me.

There is however, something happening when I click post. Instead of taking me to the thread with my new post, it goes to some programming language. It posts my reply, but does not go to the thread.

EDIT: OK, that problem is now fixed. Never mind.

For me, it has always been that the dot took me to first unread post, and the date and time under the last poster took me to the last post. In other words, nothing changed for me.

There is however, something happening when I click post. Instead of taking me to the thread with my new post, it goes to some programming language. It posts my reply, but does not go to the thread.

EDIT: OK, that problem is now fixed. Never mind.

Yeah, that was a problem for a number of areas of the site right after the upgrade.  It should be fixed now.

Does anyone else notice if HAIF is any speedier?

If not speedier, how about more reliable?

A big part of the reason I'm splashing the cash for the CDN is that over the last couple of weeks, HAIF has been super slow when it gets busy in the afternoon, and sometimes came to a half altogether.  The CDN should eliminate that problem.

Yes, it is blisteringly fast in loading pages now, especially compared to a few days ago. Probably loads faster than I have ever seen during the 7 years I've posted here.  I actually thought the slowness was my work internet. Glad to hear it was not mine. 

Not sure what you mean by more reliable. Can't comment on that, unless you are asking if when I click on HAIF does ESPN load instead. If so, then no, that doesn't happen.   ;)

EDIT: Just checked it out on my Droid. Lightning fast there, too.

Archived