Air India Airlines

KimberlySayWhat

Airlines will always be protectionist, AA is brutal compared to CO, but CO did force Iberia out (before ever coming in and losing Houston direct Madrid service). I didn't mean to group together other than noting that routes are lost when some airlines get to protectionist. The Love Field debate is brutal and a wholenotherhillobeans...

Wright is not dead yet, which is to bad for North Texas. Are you a member of Airliners.net? Always a good wright debate going on.

Two a week is the norm for that kind of initial market, Good Call! :)

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Not all pilots are alcoholics, we don't go to meetings

I thought CO never had Houston to Madrid...

They don't offer nonstop service, but there is a direct, one-stop flight to Madrid from Houston via Newark. The flight isn't a true direct though, as the aircraft does change at Newark (737-900 to 777), but there is a single flight number

Similar flights exist to Rome, Frankfurt, and Beijing.

• 1 year later...

I haven't seen any other official announcement on AI service to Houston, but this article seems to say a decision has been made...

"Air-India has also decided to add three more US destinations - San Francisco, Washington and Houston - within this year after it gets possession of more aircraft with a view to maximise revenues."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/St...mprove+services

I haven't seen any other official announcement on AI service to Houston, but this article seems to say a decision has been made...

"Air-India has also decided to add three more US destinations - San Francisco, Washington and Houston - within this year after it gets possession of more aircraft with a view to maximise revenues."

Sweet. FACE!

one would naturally expect a large number of Indians being drawn to Dallas' educational institutions, UT-Southwestern and UT-Dallas, two of the world's foremost research universities.

You mean two of Dallas's foremost research universities. Change "world" to "Dallas."

I thought I had read recently that Houston would be a destination, but now I can't find the reference. It is a good thing that IAH went through their expansion program.

• The title was changed to Air India Airlines