Downtown Body Shop At 2211 Travis St.

jdbaker

I noticed today that Downtown Bodyshop at Travis and Webster is closed, with signs indicating that they have moved. The above, coupled with the County Attorney's unusual lawsuit against the gas station next to the Greyhound Station and the recent rendering of Discovery Green style development of the Superblock has me wondering if something may be in the works for Downtown and Midtown's biggest problem area. Obviously anything big would need to start with moving Greyhound, but it sure seems like something could be happening based on the above.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumour has it that Tilman is planning a multiplex across those four adjacent blocks that will rival his downtown aquarium project. Apparantly Greyhound's parent company has been under pressure from the DHS to move. I guess he wants to collect the whole set. Don't know anything about the Houston Club, though it could double as a splash pad of sorts.

Rumour has it that Tilman is planning a multiplex across those four adjacent blocks that will rival his downtown aquarium project. Apparantly Greyhound's parent company has been under pressure from the DHS to move. I guess he wants to collect the whole set.

Source?

Oh boy. Here we go.

I heard through the grapevine that they are moving the Greyhound terminal to The Woodlands, across from the new Anadarko Tower as part of the settlement to keep from being annexed. Newly released convicts will be dropped off next to the station, with a helpful map highlighting the most generous areas -- schools, retail parking lots, and high property value subdivisions.

Edited by woolie
  • Like 3

Probably OT, but saw two patrol cars parked on the intersection of La Branch and Pierce, lights on and officers standing outside. Hobo alley behind the BMW dealership sure was empty. No sign of vagrants, but the more permanent "residents" left their belongings on the sidewalks. That intersection is treacherous for motorists if you feel bad about accidentally running over jaywalkers.

That intersection is treacherous for motorists if you feel bad about accidentally running over jaywalkers.

I don't drive on the sidewalks, so don't walk in the streets. I'll admit that I've revved my old car a little when driving in that part of town after having some jackass purposely walk out when the light turns green. They know what they're doing, and I've watched them do it to single female drivers.

Oh boy. Here we go.

I heard through the grapevine that they are moving the Greyhound terminal to The Woodlands, across from the new Anadarko Tower as part of the settlement to keep from being annexed. Newly released convicts will be dropped off next to the station, with a helpful map highlighting the most generous areas -- schools, retail parking lots, and high property value subdivisions.

Sounds like an episode of South Park

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Downtown Bodyshop Closed At Travis St. And Webster St.
  • The title was changed to Downtown Body Shop At 2211 Travis St.