Lucian Hood Mod

Dream

I looked at this home a few weeks ago and almost bought it but it had some foundation and repair issues that freaked my wife out. The owner told me the home was designed and built by Lucian Hood in the 50's. It's a very cool house. You mod guys will love it.

It's 7818 Nairn on www.har.com

Enjoy,

Dream

http://www.har.com/search/engine/indexdeta...=0&backButton=Y

This cuts out a couple of steps for those who want to look at pics...

What were the big repairs aside from the foundation? I agree that a bad foundation report is likely going to keep this house from selling, but that's a lot of sq. ft. for the price. Our foundation and roof seem to be the only things that didn't need repairs, but I would not necessarily recommend our experience to everyone. Though it is very worth it for us. If you buy a house that needs work the best part is that you get to watch and make sure that repairs are done well. Neighbors of ours have had to go back over someone else's fix up jobs and that adds up to even more costs.

Good luck in finding that right house for you!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
I looked at this home a few weeks ago and almost bought it but it had some foundation and repair issues that freaked my wife out. The owner told me the home was designed and built by Lucian Hood in the 50's. It's a very cool house. You mod guys will love it.

It's 7818 Nairn on www.har.com

Enjoy,

Dream

I looked at the house today during an "Open House" after getting to the HAR listing from Houston MOD. ( I'd rather buy Tiny Lawrence's house!)

the Nairn owner has aa structural engineers reportwhich says the house is tilted to the East about 1 3/4 inches, but as I recall the foundation is not faulty, only the soil under the slab has shifted somewhat. Tthe report concluded there was nothing wrong with the foundation. (The owner is a retired MEP engineer.)

The report also detailled some movement in joints between brick and exterior openings, but nothing significant for a 50 year-old structure. I think the main thing is roof and flashing integrity.

Anyway, I'd sure like o buy it!

Archived