Houston's Wards

NenaE

http://houstonhistorymagazine.org/2011/07/when-there-were-wards-a-series/

here's a great link to the history of the wards (for those who havent' seen it already). I ran across it while writing a research paper on them. I quoted Stephen Fox (Houston Arch. Guide) and Betty Chapman quite a bit.

I couldn't find an appropriate place to put this, feel free to move it if you can merge it, moderators. I know those ward maps are here on HAIF, somewhere.

That's good to know...I explained that I could tell a reputable source from one that isn't. But, I'm too scared to put anything that starts with Wiki in any of my papars. I don't like getting shot down, verbally. I tried to explain that it can lead you to reputable sources at the source site, bottom...wasn't a pleasant conversation.

• 7 months later...

There were six wards.

To view a map, you can click on the link in post 3 of this thread or you can Google the term 'map of Houston wards'.

If I'm not mistaken the 5th and 6th Wards came later on down the road. The 5th Ward in 1891 and the 6th sometime after that. I could be wrong but I thought that in the begining there were only 4 Wards created. Can someone confirm or correct me please?

If I'm not mistaken the 5th and 6th Wards came later on down the road. The 5th Ward in 1891 and the 6th sometime after that. I could be wrong but I thought that in the begining there were only 4 Wards created. Can someone confirm or correct me please?

I remember reading somewhere that the 6th Ward was actually a division of the 4th Ward. Again I could be wrong.

• 1 month later...

Archived