Where to photograph wings over Houston

Jax

I wouldnt mind taking some photos of the wings over Houston air show, but I'm not into it enough to pay for a whole day pass. Does anybody know of a good public place near Ellington Field where I could stop by and take a few photos of cool airplanes?

I wouldnt mind taking some photos of the wings over Houston air show, but I'm not into it enough to pay for a whole day pass. Does anybody know of a good public place near Ellington Field where I could stop by and take a few photos of cool airplanes?

Cheapskate!

I'd say some of the subdivisions nearby should be adequate. hope you got a good lens, though.

I didn't make it, we were too hungry on the way home from Galveston to even stop and take a few pictures, although I did see some airplanes flying around from the highway...

for future reference, people park their cars on the grass along Space Center Blvd, north of Clear Lake City Blvd close the Boeing/NASA buildings over there. You'll be right against the Ellington fence with a field in between you and the show. The main stuff is a good distance away but most of the planes loop over at some point.

I didn't make it either but was in Clear Lake so saw some action from a distance.

Archived