Life Form For Sale

FrediK

went to the first link and this was listed as a "nearby" home.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/99-Misty-Morning-Trce_Spring_TX_77381_M76866-32913

MLS number on that link. i think the issue is its in Spring, not the woodlands... :ph34r:

Life Form houses are not being buit anymore, they were the brainchild of Mitchell's son, an architect, but they stopped building them in the 80's I think. You will only find existing houses. I actually found 4 Life Form houses for sale (I added the two others on the other life form post since I had created this one by mistake). Most of them are in the 77381 zip code which is technically Spring and not the Woodlands. I did my seach on the HAR website.

Life Form houses are not being buit anymore, they were the brainchild of Mitchell's son, an architect, but they stopped building them in the 80's I think. You will only find existing houses. I actually found 4 Life Form houses for sale (I added the two others on the other life form post since I had created this one by mistake). Most of them are in the 77381 zip code which is technically Spring and not the Woodlands. I did my seach on the HAR website.

There are probably even more Life Forms homes for sale currently. As far as I know, that builder built homes only in The Woodlands. They shut down their business a lot later than the 1980s, more like 2004-05, after they got hit with several lawsuits relating to their use of EIFS (artificial stucco).

You mentioned Spring vs. the Woodlands. I don't know how it evolved that Spring became the address for so many homes in the Woodlands; if you go by the post offices for 77381 and 77380, etc., you'll see plainly that "The Woodlands Texas" is written on the front of those buildings. And in May 2014 or later, the residents will be able to vote for incorporating The Woodlands as a real city. Right now it's officially organized as The Woodlands Township. Read more about this incorporation at http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/FAQ.aspx?TID=14

• The title was changed to Life Form For Sale

Archived