Posting and viewing new topics

editor

Recently the people who care and feed the HAIF server performed an "emergency upgrade" on our box. I'm not sure exactly what was done, though it probably was an emergency since usually the company asks when would be a good time to perform an upgrade. This time, they just did it.

As you may be able to tell, this has introduced some flakiness into HAIF. Among the problems I've heard about so far:

• Posting replies to a topic will cause a database error screen to appear, though the topic will actually post.
  • View New Posts is not updating properly.

The result is that it appears nothing is happening on HAIF if you're a View New Posts person, even though stuff is happening.

I didn't notice that VNP thing until just recently, because when I HAIF, I use smooth, refreshing HAIF:Now. Though it's possible this is also being affected. I have to observe some more before I can tell for sure.

I've put in support requests with both the server company, and the company that makes the HAIF software. Hopefully these two groups can figure something out.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to catch up on this. I'm out of the country right now, and just tonight splashed out for the $27 to get a reliable internet connection for 24 hours. Hopefully our problems can be resolved before my time runs out.

As always, check our Facebook page and Twitter feed for updates. I'll also post them here as bandwidth allows.

Looks like that fixed it. If anyone else if having errors, post them here. Better yet is to e-mail me directly at editor@houstonarchitecture.com. I'm out of the country right now, and with bandwidth being precious, I'm more likely to see e-mail than a forum post.

Thank you all for your patience.

Even though I got the pink error notice this morning while posting, I didn't lose the post...whew.

Thank goodness...it was a long one. Didn't show up immediately, in the new posts, but it was in it's category.

Archived