Texarkana

bigboyz2004

Yeah, I need to get to that area of Texas. I live in Houston but I'm originally from the RGV.

As for the two sites you mentioned, I didn't know about them until you told me. I have them in my favorites now. Thx for the info.

Most of the info I got in my post on Texarkana came from Texas A&M's Real Estate website. It's at:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/news/recon.html

Hit the market news section for daily updates.

I've never been to the Rio Grande Valley before but, I hear that it's growing really fast and that lots of people are moving there. I've been to Houston several times and I love that place. You're very welcome about those sites. I also reccommend www.dallasmetropolis.com . Also, thanks for the info.

Are you a college student?

• 4 weeks later...

I found this site and thought some of you would be interested in a few of the things going on in Texarkana. Here is a link to the property management firm that is offering Texarkana Pavilion. It shows some of the current tenants that are in moving into this shopping center. Some of them are: Staples, Coldwater Creek, Jos. A. Banks, Maurice's and several more. Click the executive summary button on the following link.

http://www.hfflp.com/invest_sales/prop_det...=2038&pg=6&sf=6

We are also getting a Kohl's. Here is the link for that.

http://www.emjcorp.com/upcoming_projects.asp

If anyone else in the Texarkana enjoys a good sports bar and great hotwings, we have a Buffalo Wild Wings coming. Here is the link to the article on that.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.as...43.60014.106376

Most of these new businesses have not made public announcements yet, or our great newspaper in town once again doesn't have any reports that care what is going on. Hope everyone enjoys the new information on what's coming to T-Town!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Texarkana is definitely on the move. The new texas A&M is now entering it's 2nd building phase with the new 75 million dollar library building which will include more class rooms and the student/book center. Also I-49 is continuing construction from the Fairgrounds across I-30 north toward an interchange at North Stateline Avenue. Various housing projects are taking shape across the city and a new nearly 1,000,000 square foot mall called The Shoppes at Westpark is in the planning stages. Numerous hotels including a Hilton Garden Inn are on the way. On the Arkansas side a waterpark will be built as well as a convention center. The multi million dollar frontage road project along I-30 is under way and will be completed within the next 3 years. Revitalization of the downtown area continues with the recent opening of new loft apartments. More buildings are being renovated to make way for new restaurants, law offices, stores and clubs. The local transit system, The T, has gotten so many new riders that bigger, newer buses had to be brought in. According to city officials much more is on the way. This city will be unrecognizable in the coming years.

Texarkana is definitely on the move. The new texas A&M is now entering it's 2nd building phase with the new 75 million dollar library building which will include more class rooms and the student/book center. Also I-49 is continuing construction from the Fairgrounds across I-30 north toward an interchange at North Stateline Avenue. Various housing projects are taking shape across the city and a new nearly 1,000,000 square foot mall called The Shoppes at Westpark is in the planning stages. Numerous hotels including a Hilton Garden Inn are on the way. On the Arkansas side a waterpark will be built as well as a convention center. The multi million dollar frontage road project along I-30 is under way and will be completed within the next 3 years. Revitalization of the downtown area continues with the recent opening of new loft apartments. More buildings are being renovated to make way for new restaurants, law offices, stores and clubs. The local transit system, The T, has gotten so many new riders that bigger, newer buses had to be brought in. According to city officials much more is on the way. This city will be unrecognizable in the coming years.

Be a little cautious. A rate of job creation around 1,000 per year in a small market like Texarkana is respectable, but small towns take bigger hits from recessions, too. It took you guys about four years to come out of the last one.

And as for the real estate picture, the wheels have fallen off of retail development just about everywhere. That mall (which is only about 700,000 square feet) was pretty ambitious and probably will be put on hold for some time. Also, cap rates have risen the most in tertiary markets like Texarkana, wreaking havoc with developers' pro formas there.

Be a little cautious. A rate of job creation around 1,000 per year in a small market like Texarkana is respectable, but small towns take bigger hits from recessions, too. It took you guys about four years to come out of the last one.

And as for the real estate picture, the wheels have fallen off of retail development just about everywhere. That mall (which is only about 700,000 square feet) was pretty ambitious and probably will be put on hold for some time. Also, cap rates have risen the most in tertiary markets like Texarkana, wreaking havoc with developers' pro formas there.

Yeah we have had some hard times but things have been in an upswing since 2000. This time around while other cities have taken big hits to their economy we have been fortunate enough to have remained stable. As for the new mall when it was first announced they said it would be about 1,000,000 square feet or about the size of the Texarkana Pavillion and Ricmond ranch areas combined. Unless they downsized the original plan. Either way I'm proud of the progress my city has made and it's plans for the future.

Archived