HISD Proof of Residence

My child is moving into 4th grade next year and we need to provide proof of residence. HISD requires original (mailed) utility bills but, this being the 21st century, we don't receive mailed utility bills at our address, but rather receive them via e-mail or on online accounts. Has anyone had problems with this anachronism? These are all I have to submit and I can envisage them being rejected by the great bureaucratic machine that is HISD....

My child is moving into 4th grade next year and we need to provide proof of residence. HISD requires original (mailed) utility bills but, this being the 21st century, we don't receive mailed utility bills at our address, but rather receive them via e-mail or on online accounts. Has anyone had problems with this anachronism? These are all I have to submit and I can envisage them being rejected by the great bureaucratic machine that is HISD....

I think you need your "long form" birth certificate.

(sorry. This was, of course, no help. It would probably not be valid, anyway)

Do you have anything mailed to you at all? (Financial, etc)

Perhaps if you switched to a paper copy for the time period before the deadline and bring up the topic with them and post it on here. It may not help you, but would certainly help someone who faces a similar problem.

I think you need your "long form" birth certificate.

(sorry. This was, of course, no help. It would probably not be valid, anyway)

Lol.

I confirmed with the school that printed e-statements are acceptable after all. Deadline is today so no time to switch to paper statements.

Archived