The Worst Roads in Houston

I'm aware of Bad Houston Streets, but it's kind of hard to navigate, slow to load, and basically gives everywhere where there's a nasty pothole. You'd have to zoom in very high to see a specific spot. That being said, what do you think are the worst roads of Houston you've driven on?

- The area between US-59 and Bissonnet of Kirby hasn't been paved since at least the days before the T&NO railroad crossed it (there is a bumpy patch there). This means the last time the road was touched was at least before 1995.

- John F. Kennedy Blvd. south of Beltway 8 is shockingly bad. Patches and potholes abound!

- Beltway 8 east of I-45 is much rougher and older than coming from the west. Isn't this the oldest part of the beltway?

That's what I've actually ridden on and seen for myself, so there must be more. What do you think?

- The area between US-59 and Bissonnet of Kirby hasn't been paved since at least the days before the T&NO railroad crossed it (there is a bumpy patch there). This means the last time the road was touched was at least before 1995.

More like 1985. That track was ripped up in that location since at least the mid to late 80s. The section from Buffalo Speedway westward wasn't ripped out until the late 90s/early 00s.

- Beltway 8 east of I-45 is much rougher and older than coming from the west. Isn't this the oldest part of the beltway?

It is. It opened in 1969 or 1970.

Let me also add the following horrid roads.

York and Sampson between Navigation and their transition into Scott St.

Greenbriar from S. Main to Sunset Blvd.

N. MacGregor between Almeda and 288

Edited by JLWM8609

Holly Hall between Almeda and Fannin

Cambridge between Holly Hall and OST

Peerless between OST and Corder

Del Rio between OST and Yellowstone

Alice Street between Tierwester and Scott

Those are some rough ones that I travel regularly. The ones that are asphalt w/ open ditch (Peerless, Del Rio, Alice) are limited to one lane of travel in many areas for all practical purposes. 4" wide longitudinal cracks in the asphalt are not uncommon. Enough to bite a bike tire.

Westheimer from Bagby to Montrose. (add: Shepherd)

10' wide potholed lanes with several S curves... That's not bad, that's funtasticly awesome.

Of course.. I rented NFS: HotPursuit this weekend.. so all the roads/freeways were fun this morning. Yeee-haw !