Buffalo Bayou Regatta

Highway6

If any of you happened to participate in the Buffalo Bayou Regatta this past Saturday and saw the nut under the Voss bridge taking photos of you, that was me. This was my first attempt at timelapse photography... and boy, do i feel I have a lot to learn still in order to get it up to professional grade. Regardless, It was certainly a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.

Enjoy.

You were taking photos? I thought we were being cheered on by homeless drunks! :)

My buddy and I did the regatta this weekend. First time I'd been in a canoe in 25 years, and first time I'd paddled in almost 2 years. I probably shoulda paddled once or twice to get in a little shape before tackling a 15-mile trip.

That said, we weren't out for speed...we brought up the rear. Picked up a canoe full of trash -- some tires, trash can, chair, seat cushion, beach ball (signed "Thank you for coming to my party!"), and filled a couple of trash bags with styrofoam.

That was a blast, and I can't wait for next year!

I love it. Even though I know it's time lapse, my mind kept forcing itself to make Indy car "vroooom" sounds each time a canoe sped by.

I felt the same way for the 1st clip. You would have loved the first music I tried putting to it - some of the fast paced western tracks from Rango.

You were taking photos? I thought we were being cheered on by homeless drunks! :)

My buddy and I did the regatta this weekend. First time I'd been in a canoe in 25 years, and first time I'd paddled in almost 2 years. I probably shoulda paddled once or twice to get in a little shape before tackling a 15-mile trip.

That said, we weren't out for speed...we brought up the rear. Picked up a canoe full of trash -- some tires, trash can, chair, seat cushion, beach ball (signed "Thank you for coming to my party!"), and filled a couple of trash bags with styrofoam.

That was a blast, and I can't wait for next year!

Awesome.. I saw several canoes filled with trash but it was the vast minority, so kudos to you for taking the time to do that.

It did look like a blast.. This was my first time to witness it but I definitely look forward to joining in next yr.

You might be in the video.. by the time i moved to the finish line, it was mostly the stragglers, the last 30 or so.

I felt the same way for the 1st clip. You would have loved the first music I tried putting to it - some of the fast paced western tracks from Rango.

I suggest putting 009 Sound System "With A Spirit" as the muzak for your vids. Great vid by the way. :)

Awesome.. I saw several canoes filled with trash but it was the vast minority, so kudos to you for taking the time to do that.

It did look like a blast.. This was my first time to witness it but I definitely look forward to joining in next yr.

You might be in the video.. by the time i moved to the finish line, it was mostly the stragglers, the last 30 or so.

I think we may have out-straggled you. We didn't get out until nearly 3pm. We did have a nice little visit at Ms. Terry's place -- many thanks to her and her friends for providing food and drink! It was a welcomed break, and a beautiful place to enjoy it.

Archived